Bow Mount Minnkota on SeaRay 185 SP

Jayber-MN

Recruit
I'm looking to mount a Terrova on my '04 SeaRay 185 Sport this Spring. The wife won't let me buy a dedicated fishing boat so I'll make the one I've got more useable. So, I'm wondering if anyone has ever done a similar mount and if so, how? Or, is anyone aware of a mounting base/plate that someone offers on the market? There's not a lot of flat surface up front to mount conventional.

My goal is to make my setup 'convertible' utilizing the front hatch space and light (hole) to affix a base plate. If successful, the rest should be a piece of cake (platform up front with pedestal seat, batteries, etc.).

Any help would be appreciated!!

-J

Jayber-MN

Recruit
Re: Bow Mount Minnkota on SeaRay 185 SP

Finished......made a triangular bracket utilizing the (2) cleats plus the light mounts up front........frame from tubing and a thin gauge plate across the top. Finished wt was ~10# (minus MinnKota).......drilled out the tubing around the permiter and cut it down to ~6.8#.

Before
B4_1.jpg

After
Aft_1.jpg
Aft_3.jpg

04searay

Recruit

Finished......made a triangular bracket utilizing the (2) cleats plus the light mounts up front........frame from tubing and a thin gauge plate across the top. Finished wt was ~10# (minus MinnKota).......drilled out the tubing around the permiter and cut it down to ~6.8#.

Before
View attachment 144066

After
View attachment 144067
View attachment 144068

I was just reading your post from last year, and then had to read it again. It looks like something I was literally about to post on this site. I have the exact same boat (year/make/color), the exact same issue (with wife) and am also currently looking to figure out a way to mount a Terrova without drilling through the bow. I like the bracket you made for yours. Did you have any issues now that you have a season under your belt? Would you do anything different if you did it again? I'd like to make a lid/cap for the locker to prevent excess water from entering. Did you make the bracket yourself or did you have it customized somewhere? I'm interested in doing something similar and would appreciate any further information and details you are willing to offer.

What did the bracket & install cost you?

Also, did you get the 80lb or 101lb thrust?

Thanks

BonairII

Commander

The OP hasn't been on this site since August....so he's not going to be of much help to you.