MCM470

EDLINMAN

Recruit
I have a mcm 470- ser # 5479777- I am interested in using it in an automotive type application.Any information/experience in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: MCM470

Huh? What is it? Parts numbers don't do us much good. If you can provide a description of whatever it is you're talking about, what it was used for, and what you would like to use it for, someone may be able to help you.

tommays

Admiral

the 470 was mercs try at building there own sterndrive motor a FWC cooled alum block with a ford iron head<br /><br />dont have ant idea what would bolt to it to make wheels turn or why you would want to punish you self makeing it land based when theres so any common motors with easy and known parts swaping abilty<br /><br /><br />tommays

EDLINMAN

Recruit

Anybody can take the easy route-I like a challenge. Rumor has it that a Chevy 350 Tranny will bolt to this block. Also since it has a Ford 460 head , that means a Boss 429 head will fit also. Now were talking something really unique.I picture this motor in a 32 Ford. The MCM 470 is a 4 cyl. engine @224 cubic inch.(CAtransplant)