Mecr controls dismount procedure

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
I have a 93 boat with I/O of course trim and trailer switching
(Controler)..I cannot access the back of the unit and looking from the front of the assy i can see no possible way to even get started..Does any on a illustration oh how to dismount or service this shifting unit assy.

:facepalm:

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
Re: Mecr controls dismount procedure

Found the control seems to be a basic commander...but dissablemy procedures are not correct for this module..The handle or throttle is a one peice const with no access port or set screws

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercruiser-..._Accessories_Gear&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a6b1d71ab

Cant even post a pic these days...I wish i could dismount the dern thing like the e-bay poster...:D

Thank you for the manuals.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You can still post pictures, you just need to use photobucket or one of the other free photo sites. Then just use the IMG code and completely bypass the forum software.

stonyloam

Vice Admiral

That looks like a commander 3000 (on e-bay). If yours looks like that, you remove the handle by removing a bolt under the throttle only button. According to the manual: "place control in throttle-only position. Push in on the button, and place control handle forward. Throttle-only button can now be removed. If button can not be removed with fingers, use small screwdriver and pry out gently". Remove the 11/16 retainer bolt, then handle and bushing. Pry off the bezel with a small screwdriver and then you can access the bolts holding the control in place. here is a 3000 exploded: http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show...bdesc=Commander+3000+Classic(827270A12+-+A15) Hope this helps a little, good luck.

Pete104

Lieutenant

Nobody knows what control you have! The sawed off pic is probably from an O/B.
The link from stony is a Commander 3K. You MOST likely have a 2K!

You've got the manual. As Don said in a post on a different thread, "the manuals are designed for factory trained persons".

If you can't post a pic of your control box, straight on from the passenger side, give more details.

Is the "throttle only" button round or square?
Is the "trim switch" toggle or button?
Is there a square "trailer" switch?

Pete104

Lieutenant

Yea, ain't the truth! I know you're frusrated, just be patient.