Durbans thermostat qeustion ?

durban

Master Chief Petty Officer
does anyone know the exact temperature the thermostat opens for a 70hp, iam aware that thermostats open +/- 4 degrees before the factory setting not sure if its 82 degrees , thanks ,

durban

Re: Durbans thermostat qeustion ?

thank you ,that's about right , cause i found something & they say 143 degrees over there , once again thanks for that , cheers

durban

thank you ,that's about right , cause i found something & they say 143 degrees over there , once again thanks for that , cheers

what i would like to know is it 140 degrees Fahrenheit or Degrees Celsius , cause 140 degrees Fahrenheit = +/- 61 degrees so what do you go with , cause the thermostat iam making from bits & pieces should it be in Fahrenheit ,or degrees celcius

durban

what i would like to know is it 140 degrees Fahrenheit or Degrees Celsius , cause 140 degrees Fahrenheit = +/- 61 degrees so what do you go with , cause the thermostat iam making from bits & pieces should it be in Fahrenheit ,or degrees celcius

the thermostat iam making you cannot buy in no shop , my conversion gonna have 2 in , one you buy in the shop the other one comes from my inventive thoughts

durban

on another site they say 143degrees , with is way more than 140degrees Fahrenheit , so iam confused

dockrat100

Petty Officer 2nd Class

on another site they say 143degrees , with is way more than 140degrees Fahrenheit , so iam confused

Since 140 Celsius is 284 degrees Fahrenheit, 140 degrees has to be in Fahrenheit. 72 degrees above boiling can't be right!

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

It should start to move at about 115?F and be full open at 143?F (+/-4?). What are you doing about poppet valve?

durban

the poppet valves ive removed ,in place of that i have built in a closing thermostat ,its job to circulate the water in the motor , pressure valves are gonna be fitted when it runs on the impeller , it will be switched over to that system if the radiator fails out at sea .

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

I am kinda confused as to your purpose as the t-stat is bypassed in the cooling system once the poppet opens as block temp will drop to around 120?F till rpm is reduced and poppet closes. Are you trying to make a closed system cooling feature?

durban

I will show you k , now what everyone says that its got to be 140 or 143 degrees Fahrenheit , what iam saying is that its got to then be a 60 degrees Celsius thermostat , witch makes sense to me now , cause iam not to clever in this sort of thing

mark1961

Ensign

140 to 143 deg F is equivalent to 60 to 61.6666 deg C.....