Starcraft owners get together?

Jet Mech 71

Seaman Apprentice
I have been the proud owner of a 2008 Starcraft Islander 221 O/B for the last 2 years. Since then I am always looking for others who own Starcrafts (not just Islanders). This got me thinking, who else might want to get together this summer on the water here in WA? So with that said, how many of you on here would be interested? Just a day to meet others, check out what others have done with there boats, share stories, fishing, or what ever. I think it would be fun and we might make some new friends as well.

If this sounds good to any one else please let me know.

Thanks all
Allen

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Re: Starcraft owners get together?

Hey Allen!

Prolly good we are on opposite sides of the country. If we floated our rigs together I might likely get the idea that I need to lift the engine out of mine and bolt on a bracket:eek::facepalm:

Cheers buddy:)

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

If I were on the left coast I'd be all over this. Love to check out that Islander.

Jet Mech 71

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the replies!. Yes seems like most of you are mid to east USA. As far as my bracket, well that was the 1 thing I just had to have on this boat. That is why I ended up buying it out of MI. It turns a lot of heads when I am on the ramps and on the water here in WA. I have seen a few other Islanders, but all were I/O. I did see one that was converted from an I/O to an outboard. It was an early 80's model. We were both checking out each others boats that day.
Do any of you know if you can search members by state on here? That would help me out a lot.
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g434/fishunter71/NeahBaymarinea.jpg
Tight lines and bloody decks all.
Allen

heyyou325

Chief Petty Officer

I'm close, and know of a few closer to you. Most of us are sort of busy during boating season, it's so short here. It's always fun to meet others tho. You are all the way up in the corner aren't you?

Jet Mech 71

Seaman Apprentice

Well fist, thank you for your reply. I am in Western WA. Not to far from Tacoma. I do realize most of us are busy during boating season. That is part of the reason I am trying to find out who would be interested now. Depending on where most of the people who want to do the get together, will depend on where we would actually meet up. I am not sure how far you are from the Tacoma area, but I know Spokane is about 4-5 hours away. I know there are several places here in the Puget Sound that we can even take our boats to some restaurants via the water. Plenty south of Seattle.
Again thank you for the reply and I hope to hear from you again.
Allen

64osby

Admiral

Hey Jet, If your offering an all expenses paid trip to the West Coast, and time on your boat, Then I'm all in.:D

Otherwise I'll hang out in Michigan and try to get our Midwest / Michigan Starmada Members to gather someplace closer to home.:cool:

Beautiful Islander you have there.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Jet I live in Mt Vernon and have a 22 Holiday with a 200 OB my friend up the street has a 19 Islander with a 120 O/B. My friend a local Vet has a 19 ft chief. so there are severasl boats here that access the salt water, mostly from Anacortes lanch or Decption Pass however a few trips to Ft Casey are always a good thing. How far out do you wander as your kind of locked in to a channel where you are . It is a bit of a run up north . Sounds like a good idea if a good place could be found to meet this summer.

Jet Mech 71

Seaman Apprentice

Pugetsound, I travel all over the area. I dont get up north to much but if most of us live up there then we can plan something up there. I dont mind if I have to drive a few hours. I dont that area very well, but I am sure you do. I goto Sekiu at least once a year, and Neah
Bay as well. I will try to find out more about your area and were would be some good placed to meet up. How far from Everett are you? That might be a good place to meet up.
Thank you for getting back to me.
Allen

heyyou325

Chief Petty Officer

I knew someone from over there would contact you. I'm not quite 2 hrs from Spokane, NW. I see the gig harbor now, for some reason I saw Neah bay before. There are several in the area, some from Portland, I believe Coos Bay, and somewhere on the gorge in Oregon, I forget a lot. At least 1 from central Wa. Plus a few from N Ida. I've got about 2 years 10 months, and 10 days roughly before I'm really ready to commit to travelling that far with the boat for things, but I do think it would be fun.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

ABOUT 35 MILES TOTHE EVERETT BOAT LAUNCH. I HAVE NEVER USED IT BUT THEY SAY POSSESSION POINT AND AREA IS GREAT YEAR ROUND opps smaller is best to tired to retype SORRY