Shimming tool#315767

Greg3000

Cadet
Can someone please give me measurement for the shimming tool so I can use a ditgital caliper to shim my unit thanks it's for a 77 70 hp Johnson also why would the unit have to be red hummed I'm replacing forward gear pinion gear and clutch dog isn't the new pinion gear the same size height wise thanks for any help

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Shimming tool#315767

On an OMC product, any time you change a d/s, upper brg hsg or pinion gear you have to do the shimming. Just the way they did things. I looked up the gauge you were looking for and it's kind of out dated. If some one on here has one, they might be able to measure it for you.

Greg3000

Cadet

On an OMC product, any time you change a d/s, upper brg hsg or pinion gear you have to do the shimming. Just the way they did things. I looked up the gauge you were looking for and it's kind of out dated. If some one on here has one, they might be able to measure it for you.

Thanks I know you can't buy it anymore I just don't understand shimming it out of the housing all I'm doing is changing a gear that's exactly the same spec the measurement should be the same

Greg3000

Cadet

Thanks I know you can't buy it anymore I just don't understand shimming it out of the housing all I'm doing is changing a gear that's exactly the same spec the measurement should be the same

Anyone who can help me even measurement of new current tool would be greatly appreciated

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Why don't you just take the d/s and related parts into a dlr and have him shim it for you ? It shouldn't cost that much.