Alfa 1, 2, or 3

docspenc

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi I'm looking to buy a mercruiser with GM power. Can someone tell me the difference between the alfa 1,2, and 3.. I've been told to not buy 1, and 2 ?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Alfa 1, 2, or 3

No such thing as an Alpla 3, There is an Alpha I, and an Alpha I Gen II There are 3 Bravo drives, the Bravo 3 has dual props.

docspenc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks, shows how much I know about it... Is one better than the other? And what about the bravo drives? It's a good thing that there is a form like I boats for use newbies.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

What are you trying to find out, the Alpha I and the earlier models of it from the MC-1 to Alpha I were used from the late 60's to 90 on engines up to 300 hp. The Alpha I Gen II is newer model used from 91 to now.
For engines from 200 to over 500, the Bravo drives are used.

Bondo

Staff member

Hi I'm looking to buy a mercruiser with GM power. Can someone tell me the difference between the alfa 1,2, and 3.. I've been told to not buy 1, and 2 ?
Thanks, shows how much I know about it... Is one better than the other? And what about the bravo drives? It's a good thing that there is a form like I boats for use newbies.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,....

Yer not ready to be buyin' a boat yet,....

Keep readin' the forums for awhile, 'n be an Informed Buyer,.... ;)

Lotsa Great readin' up in the Adults Only section, at the top of this forum...

docspenc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yep, I,m readin alot befor I buy.. But there is a lot to know about, I boats is a good place to find out, lots of help here, you guys are a good bunch.