Fuel pump hose nipple broke off

waterboydf

Recruit
1997 Mariner 50 h.p.: Fuel hose:confused: nipple broke off from fuel pump. Plastic, wondering is anyone knows how to either fix this? If not Does anyone know where I might get another one either used or new? It has the main in hose and two out hoses to the carbs on the right side.

ENSIGN

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Fuel pump hose nipple broke off

If the nipple was molded on there is no safe fix.The pump should be available here or at a mercury dealer

bassrascal02

Cadet

waterboydf - I would not trust a glue fix or patch work around any type of fuel system...But, depending on how your fuel pump is put together you may be able to just buy the portion of the pump where the nipple broke off. Also, if you are going to be breaking down the whole pump anyway...might as well get this rebuild kit for it and clean the whole thing up. Rebuild kits can be found on the iboats parts section for a decent price.

good luck.

dr

waterboydf

Recruit

I can't seem to want to buy one for the hundred plus price unless that is the last option. So, if anyone knows where I can get a used one that would be great. Thanks for the help and advice!

Star

Chief Petty Officer

Hey guys,
If I could buy a new one for for $55 dollars I would not use Ebay!!! This part is too critical to the operationof your engine!

canoemang

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey guys,
If I could buy a new one for for $55 dollars I would not use Ebay!!! This part is too critical to the operationof your engine!

I would buy one for $35.00 and free shipping though.. why not save $20.00?