1986 Bayliner Ciera 2450, Small project turning into huge project

Hi everyone, I used to browse these forums constantly but got out of boats 2 years ago due to building myself a Street 1977 Camaro which took more money then budgeted and cost me my 72 Fiber form. I'm back now with a new to me 1986 Bayliner Ciera 2450 that I might have bit off more then I can chew.
I bought it from a guy in Syracuse, UT and dragged it home this last Saturday (02/11/2012). I paid $1500 for it without a motor, but it came with a newly rebuilt Volvo penta 270 out drive with receipts showing $1275 spent rebuilding it professionally. The previous owner just rebuilt the 350 engine and spent roughly $1500 in doing so, had it installed and could not get the new starter to mount so had the engine removed to put a stud in so starter would fit. This was a month ago. At the time he bought a motorhome that he decided could not tow the boat and decided to sale it. He had the mechanic return his $500 deposit on the labor for the motor and asked the shop to hold it for him until he sold the boat. Well long story short, the shop decided to sale the motor out from under him for $2000 with all accessories and exhaust and everything I need. This is the part where I might have bit off more then I can chew as i kinda like my boats to have motors.

So my first question is what other motors will fit the bell housing of this out drive? I do have a 454 sitting in the corner of my shop that could handle the abuse but I don't want to install it and not have it mount up.

Also if anyone out there has a Volvo penta 350 they wish to sale for cheaply, (I can rebuild it if necessary)? I am located in Ogden, UT and can't afford shipping across the states, so somewhere close is preferred, but will look at anything.

I really appreciate any help and will post pics later tonight, and allow anyone to make any suggestions as far as repairs necessary or really anything you want. Thanks again

Any questions on anything just ask