iboats forum outboard categories logic

TGuy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Always wondered...why does the iboats outboard forums combine certain non-related brands together. I can understand Merc/Mariner & Johnson/E'rude. But Yamaha & Suzuki? Tohatsu & Honda? These aren't related in anyway I can think of and it makes it tough trying to find info on one of those brands. With the Yamaha/Suzuki forum, there's obviously so many more Yamaha's out there in the world that trying to find any info on Suzuki is liking looking for a needle in a haystack in the forum. And the Honda/Tohatsu forum looks to be about 70% Tohatsu/Nissan related questions which makes finding info on Honda's a challenge too.

Any iboat moderators care to explain why these brands are combined?

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: iboats forum outboard categories logic

My guess is because they are Japanese brands and all 4 in one category would be too many.
Of course the Tohatsu/Nissan are the same motor.
Have you tried the advance search I tried a couple of honda related problems and lots of titles came up.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: iboats forum outboard categories logic

Those selections were made based on the amount of traffic each generated. We wanted as few fora as possible but still have individual posts stay on the first page for a reasonable time.