Cheap Carver - Any Bites

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
Re: Cheap Carver - Any Bites

No, it's for real.;)

Guy ran off to Switzerland with his secretary, after 22 years of marriage.
Told his wife to keep the house but to sell his car and boat and send him the money.

She got $2800- for his Mercedes 450....and is asking 11,000 for the boat (but is open to offers...;))

r.j.dawg

Ensign

Wow. I guess I may have myself a $5000.00 Carver. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Mel Taylor

Chief Petty Officer

No, it's for real.;)

Guy ran off to Switzerland with his secretary, after 22 years of marriage.
Told his wife to keep the house but to sell his car and boat and send him the money.

She got $2800- for his Mercedes 450....and is asking 11,000 for the boat (but is open to offers...;))

That doesn't sound right to me. If the car and boat are titled and registered in his name how can she sell them? And, if they are in her name why wouldn't she sell them for fair market value and keep the money herself?

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

That doesn't sound right to me. If the car and boat are titled and registered in his name how can she sell them? And, if they are in her name why wouldn't she sell them for fair market value and keep the money herself?

A woman scorned.

I once ran a call for a woman who was left by her husband. He said "get rid of the house", so she canceled the insurance and burned it to the ground. She got a $100 fine for open burning without a permit. No insurance money to pay out? No arson charge.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

a friend of mine picked up a 1988 Carver Montego twin-cabin with only 208 hours on it. bought it from the owners widow for $3500. after he paid her, she said she would have sold it for $1 since she just wanted it to go to a good home.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

I might have been just kidding....:)

r.j.dawg

Ensign

I replied to the ad, which is gone now, and got an answer back from the owner this morning.
She said:
"This unit has absolutely no mechanical problem,no accidents,the engine has no leaks or problems.
I am letting it go with shipping and handling included. I am selling it because I've relocated in London,United Kingdom and it is too expensive to import it here. The unit is now in the Yukon Territories, ready to be delivered to its buyer with all the documents.
Because I am not able to close the deal myself, I want to use a third party to handle the sale. This way we are both protected.
Let me know if you're interested and if you have questions."
:rolleyes:

halfmoa

Ensign

I replied to the ad, which is gone now, and got an answer back from the owner this morning.
She said:
"This unit has absolutely no mechanical problem,no accidents,the engine has no leaks or problems.
I am letting it go with shipping and handling included. I am selling it because I've relocated in London,United Kingdom and it is too expensive to import it here. The unit is now in the Yukon Territories, ready to be delivered to its buyer with all the documents.
Because I am not able to close the deal myself, I want to use a third party to handle the sale. This way we are both protected.
Let me know if you're interested and if you have questions."
:rolleyes:

LOL Typical...

"I'll ship it to you to look at and if you don't like it then I'll find a place to store it there. What is your bank routing number and I'll probably need your credit card number too. Social security number? Oh, I'm gonna need your PIN too. Strictly confidential of course."

We get a call at work about this type of crap probably 10 times a day DEMANDING that we do something about it IMMDEIATELY! Yeah, let me just drive over to Nigeria and find their internet cafe and I'll take care of it.