Brain Teaser ...

aspeck

Staff member
What nine letter word in the English language is still a word when eight letters are removed one by one?

(9 words ... each one letter smaller than the last. Take one letter from the word. You will not shuffle the letters, only remove one at a time.)

halfmoa

Ensign
Re: Brain Teaser ...

I can think of three but I'll hold off since you only posted this 3 minutes ago...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

If the ending letter is an "i" or "o", technically it is incorrect because the case also has to change from lower to upper case. On the other hand "a" is perfectly OK. Now if you holler and start with all caps, pay me no attention. LOL

Petty Officer 1st Class

What nine letter word in the English language is still a word when eight letters are removed one by one?

(9 words ... each one letter smaller than the last. Take one letter from the word. You will not shuffle the letters, only remove one at a time.)

I think I heard this yrs ago but here goes,Does this word start with a "S" and end in a"G" and have a "L" in it?

aspeck

Staff member

I think I heard this yrs ago but here goes,Does this word start with a "S" and end in a"G" and have a "L" in it?
Yes, it does.

Video will be posted tomorrow evening to explain ... get your guesses in.

hrdwrkingacguy

Petty Officer 1st Class

startling, stringier, cleansers, splatters, drownings, wrappings, starvings, splitting, and trappings...Google is awesome isn't it lol...:eek:

evolution1985

Petty Officer 1st Class

Original word: Startling

Take away the....

L- Starting
T- Staring
A- String
R- Sting
T- Sing
G- Sin
S- In
N- I

haha that was in one of my old english textbooks kudos Hrdwrkingacguy for reminding me.