2006 Honda 90 hp carb issues

bighh7

Seaman
I pulled the carbs off my engine and cleaned them , then I only had # 1 2 firing so I cleaned the bottom 2 carbs again and now I have # 1 2 3 firing but not # 4 , Ive got good spark and compession , any ideas ? There cant be any dirt left in te carb so Im outta ideas .

jjohnson120

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 2006 Honda 90 hp carb issues

You know I had this same type of issue on my 50 HP Honda. I ended up giving in and taking it somewhere as at the time, my experience with outboards was extremely limited. What it ended up being was the low speed jets where clogged. I was told that no matter how hard I would have cleaned, I would never have gotten them to where they needed to be to run properly. The root of my problem was that the previous owner had left bad gas in it. I was told at the time the only way to fix the issue was replace the jets. After doing so the motor ran flawlessly like it was brand new. The jets are fairly cheap, and I figured that since the gas sat in the carb, that all the jets were effect, so I replaced them all. You may look into this, as this could be the issue.