1983 2.5l chevy omc i/o throttle and manifold question.

slider101

Cadet
I have a 1983 citation 16' open bow project with a chevy 2.5l omc i/o i am workin on. Does anyone have detailed pics showing the throttle cable hooked to carb? I think i am missing some parts cause i cant figure out how to secure throttle cable to the carb. EDIT Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

120_i/o

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1983 2.5l chevy omc i/o throttle and manifold question.

I really dont understand what could really be missing???? Some have the carb setup with a little ball on linkage, and the cable end snaps on, looks like a mini tie rod end. Some have a small shaft on carb linkage, and a ring on the end of the cable. The ring slides over the shaft, and is held in place by a cotter pin. Could be some variation of the two.
Hard to say without pics of ur engine.
I cant give you pics as my boat is stored now, but youtube has alot of videos of omc 2.5's. Maybe you will find what ur lookin for.
juss my .02 pesos

slider101

Cadet

Where my throttle cable attaches to the engine mount the carb is higher and doesent line up with the carb linkage. I am going to be pulling it out of storage soon to start working on it again and can snap a pic.

slider101

Cadet

I really dont understand what could really be missing???? Some have the carb setup with a little ball on linkage, and the cable end snaps on, looks like a mini tie rod end. Some have a small shaft on carb linkage, and a ring on the end of the cable. The ring slides over the shaft, and is held in place by a cotter pin. Could be some variation of the two.
Hard to say without pics of ur engine.
I cant give you pics as my boat is stored now, but youtube has alot of videos of omc 2.5's. Maybe you will find what ur lookin for.
juss my .02 pesos

Hey thanks a lot! I found what i was looking for on there. Thanks again!

120_i/o

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Anytime Slider101!!!!;)