does anyone have or been in a sea doo utopia 185?

kitokamuro

Seaman Apprentice
im getting a great deal on a 2004 sea doo utopia 185 and would like to know of any pros and cons. any input would be appreciated. thanks

sojodave

Cadet
Re: does anyone have or been in a sea doo utopia 185?

Biggest problem with Sea Doos is that if you ever get something stuck in your impeller, you are done. Yamaha has clean out plugs that allow you to access the impellers. The fit and finish is not great on Sea Doos. What engine is on the Sea Doo you are looking at? The Optimax jet engines don't have a great history.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

If it's anything like my friend's seadoo speedster, go ahead and start buying gas now.... that thing sux down gas like it's going out of style

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

best cruise on a 2006 twin engine utopia is 3.31 mpg's. So its about 15-25% worse than most similar boats in the category. Of course, MPG's means nothing if you take the lower unit off the other boat from the sandbar you didn't know was there! :D I've owned more boats than I can count, and my current is a sugar sand jet. They aren't for everybody, but they can be fun little boats that don't care much about shallow water. (* they are not rocky boat boats, they are still glass hulls... I've gone over SANDBARS that were 3 inches under water, but if you are in an area with rocks, don't do that...)