Missing My Boat! Four Months Left!

kobe

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Don't get me wrong, I love winter - snowmobiling (we have four sleds in the garage) ice fishing, caribou and partridge hunting and just enjoying a ride on the sleds

BUT

Damn I miss my boat! we have about 8 foot of snow on the ground and -25 - -30 C but it will start warming up now. loooong wait between now and late May Early June!

Oh well... must go for a ride on skidoo.....

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Missing My Boat! Four Months Left!

loooong wait between now and late May Early June!

???????..........late may early june?.......i thought only yellowknife had that kind of season...

i really feel for ya bud.

i suspect here we are a month away from early boating....(heater in the boat needed) but the temps dont go under freeze at night.

Jeep Man

Commander

No snow to speak of yet this year. If this isn't going to start looking like winter soon, I'm gonna drag that sucker out onto the lake and put a big airboat fan on the back of it.

kobe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

no early boating for us, doesn't usually start to thaw until mid to late March

scrit9mm

Chief Petty Officer

wow, how does anyone live up there?!? I plan to summerize the Chris Craft next month. By August you have to get out of the water to cool off!

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

this has been pretty bad for me too, a mild winter I think I may splash the boat on April 1st who knows...

hostage

Lieutenant

It feels like spring here in Rochester. We haven't had snow stay on the ground for longer than a couple days. It sucks as I am into XC-Skiing. Though I am hopeful at the same time, that this will mean a longer boating season :)

gus-gus

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looking through the rain, summer is closing in here in Seattle. Boating right now is not all that tough, but it is freeking cold on the ocean waters of the Pacific.

soggy_feet

Senior Chief Petty Officer

My attitude at work is starting to reflect my frustration at being stuck in limbo. Its not winter (no snow), and its not spring (still in the 20's-30's).

Have a bunch of stuff to do that I planned on doing in the spring, but I might as well get on it now, and see if I can't splash at the end of march. If that's possible, it'll be almost 2 months earlier than I normally could.

Of course, this all comes down to when the marine shop I'm storing at is willing to fire up the big rig and truck me back to the water.

Rockmere1

Seaman

My attitude at work is starting to reflect my frustration at being stuck in limbo. Its not winter (no snow), and its not spring (still in the 20's-30's).

I totally understand, same way here in Pennsylvania, I normally splash on Memorial Day, but the river is high now, could see some spots not usually seen by ski boat!:confused:

fisherguy123

Petty Officer 1st Class

It feels like spring here in Rochester. We haven't had snow stay on the ground for longer than a couple days. It sucks as I am into XC-Skiing. Though I am hopeful at the same time, that this will mean a longer boating season :)

The X country ski conditions here are awesome right now........I go for an hour everyday after work and a couple hrs a day on the weekend but right about now I`d like to trade those skis for waterskis or a tube !!!

gtochris

Senior Chief Petty Officer

If you have to wait till June... How warm does that water even get?:eek:

My earliest was March 27th, it was a beautiful 60* 2010 day, Last year was delayed due to colder winter but in by 4/20ish. I shoot for a full 6 months of usage even if the beginning and end is us cruising around with partial canvas on and hoodies, us (including the dog) love to anchor and take a nap!

When your ready to give up, I'll come up and take that Low hour Ebb-tide off your hands for a good price:) Has the perfect engine for my needs also!

kobe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If you have to wait till June... How warm does that water even get?:eek:

My earliest was March 27th, it was a beautiful 60* 2010 day, Last year was delayed due to colder winter but in by 4/20ish. I shoot for a full 6 months of usage even if the beginning and end is us cruising around with partial canvas on and hoodies, us (including the dog) love to anchor and take a nap!

When your ready to give up, I'll come up and take that Low hour Ebb-tide off your hands for a good price:) Has the perfect engine for my needs also!

it gets warmer than you would think... in the middle of the bay - definitely not but in the basins and slow moving waters it gets like pool water.remember we get 30+Deg C weather in late June, all of July and three parts of August. kneeboarding and tubing is not an issue due to cold water temps... well, kids never came out blue yet.

we can get a solid four months - even five but it won't be tropical! Take a look at where I am on Google Earth and you will see we have alot of water to run in.

Thanks for the offer on the boat but I think I'll pass... lol

Figured I would share the view out our dinette window - taken this afternoon
That is an eight foot fence back there and the patio is four feet off the ground, the brown you see is the patio seating

Had to put up a snow fence to keep the dogs in the yard... lol the garage in the upper right hand corner has 12' walls and you can just see the roof of the garden shed.

not much boating happening in this neck of the woods.... LMAO

snow2012.jpg

Attachments

• snow2012.jpg
    snow2012.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 0

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

March 15 is splash day for me ...30 and counting down.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Don't have the itch yet for the boat, which is unusual. Still waiting for winter to show up so I can plow and get some decent snowmobiling in. This winter has been crappy........

kobe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Don't have the itch yet for the boat, which is unusual. Still waiting for winter to show up so I can plow and get some decent snowmobiling in. This winter has been crappy........

been plowing snow since Christmas - had to flip the cutting edge on the blade.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Plowed once at the end of Nov.(then completely melted), nothing in Dec. and a few times that were borderline in Jan. We've only had 1 snowfall that was 6 - 8", the rest were about 3" or less of fluff. We're waaaay below normal.......

kobe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Pretty much seasonal up this way... snowblower is practically built into the mortgage!:D

pikefisherman

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am really thinking of putting my boat in and trying a minnow with a bobber!