Boomer and Kagee

Phantom17

Petty Officer 1st Class
Before I pull the drive off this weekend I had a 2 part thought. <br /><br />1) If the slip in the O/D was caused by a bad water pump spline, wouldn't it slip in reverse as well? and is there a way to test out of the water?<br /><br />2) Is there something else I can do to test it out before I pull the drive? Hoping for one last thing to check before I egin to throw money at it. I'm not worried about dropping the drive, i just don't want to find 10 things wrong, and have it not running when put up for sale. Thanks-Jeff

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Boomer and Kagee

1) Possibly not, you do not usually have the load when in reverse. The only way to check it that I am aware of is visual inspection.<br /><br />2) Hear no Evil, See no Evil, Speak no Evil!<br />If you have 10 problems, you have 10 problems, whether or not you pull the drive. Barring any bolt problems, you can have that drive off in less than an hour and split in half in less than another hour.

Phantom17

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Boomer and Kagee

If I have 10 problems I'm selling the boat. If I take the drive off, I can't run it for any prospective buyer, etc etc etc. Thats the only reason I wondered before I pull the drive. Boat runs mint on land and in water except this prob. Thanks Keith, I'll let you know how it goes!