Bought a Monterey 235. Any Info?

Gosub

Seaman Apprentice
Hi All,
I just bought a Monterey 235 Montura Dino bowrider. I have searched the interweb high and low for information on this model but little comes up. The 'Dino' seems to be similar to a limited trim pack on a car. The boat is 1997 with a new motor and out-drive fitted in 2009. It's a 5.7 Mercruiser with a gen 2 Alpha 1. One season use before sitting in a garage for 2 years.

Does anyone have any information on her? Is there anywhere online that I can access graphics to Photoshop on to the picture to give me an idea how it would look?

Pictures...M1-web.jpgM3.jpgphoto(1).jpg

Cheers
Steve.

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: Bought a Monterey 235. Any Info?

Dino is also the name of Fred Flintstone's pet dinosaur.

The boat looks nice. Good work.

The MyMonterey section of the Monterey web site may be a good source of information. I notice that they have owner's manuals and an owner's forum.

Philster

Captain

www.RacelineDigital.com

Great balance of cost, quality and customer service and they'll photoshop the graphics on for you. Excellent experience with them.

Gosub

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the replies guys. There is no info on this model on the My Monterey site. One poster did ask about the same model but got no useful information. Do I have a very rare boat?

Racelinedigital is down for maintenance at the moment. I'll call back later.

hog88

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post a question on mymonterey, MOST is usually pretty good at getting back to people and lending help.

Slip Away

Lieutenant

Thanks for the replies guys. There is no info on this model on the My Monterey site. One poster did ask about the same model but got no useful information. Do I have a very rare boat?

The boat is not rare, the Dino version is. I would not say the information below is "not useful"

There was a 236 Montura offered in 1997 and the "Dino" was an optional limited edition package that included a mahogany steering wheel, burl dash, wiper, tilt steering, compass and depth sounder. To confirm that it is a 236, the hull ID number will begin with the letters RGFV.

Unfortunately, the original owners manual is not available. In the Product Support section of this forum you can download the 248LS manual as it is the model most similar to the 236.

Spec's are as follows:
LOA 23' 6"
beam 8' 6"
Draft Up 21"
Draft down 38"
Fuel Capacity 60 gallons
Dry Weight appx 3950 lbs
22 degree of deadrise

Gosub

Seaman Apprentice

Ya, but the poster asked about a 235, not a 236. Are they the same boat? The 248LS manual isn't all that close to the boat I have.

Slip Away

Lieutenant

The boats sold in Europe often have a different number designation than the same boat sold in the US.
Your boat is a 236 Dino.
Send your hull ID # to Monterey, and they will tell you what boat you have, when it was made, etc.