Interesting Super Bowl/NASCAR thing

QC

Supreme Mariner
Like her, or not so much, I found this interesting:

Danica to appear in two Super Bowl ads: On Sunday, NASCAR will benefit from Danica Patrick's popularity when she appears in two GoDaddy.com Super Bowl commercials, giving her the unofficial distinction of being in more Super Bowl ads (10) than any other celebrity. You won't see Patrick in a stock car, but the sport will benefit because she's associated with driving in the Sprint Cup and Nationwide series as much as she is with those edgy, sexy commercials. "Any time our sport is presented to new audiences on a broad scale, it is great for NASCAR," said Steve Phelps, NASCAR's chief marketing officer. The Super Bowl commercials give Patrick and the sport a bigger audience than it will have all season. The Nielsen Co. said 111 million people watched last year's game at any given time. That Patrick likely will be the only NASCAR driver featured during the three-hour-plus telecast speaks volumes.(ESPN)(2-4-2012)

I am still not sure why, but she sure gets attention. I think JB once said something like "she's as cute as a bug", and I get that. She doesn't really do much for me in the hotness department, but I understand how that is probably most of it. Personally I think all of the GoDaddy adds are horrible. Stupid, poor quality, bad taste etc. The fact is she is guaranteed a starting spot in the Daytona 500 this year. I am sure many of you hate the points for $ deals; I still kinda like it. I have always believed that NASCAR's marriage to big business, and their accommodations for the same, insures the health of the sport.

ehenry

Commander
Re: Interesting Super Bowl/NASCAR thing

What may not do much for you might send some one else over the edge. Like JB, I think she's a sporty lookin female.

The girl hasn't done much as far as her NASCAR career goes. Most she's done so far is wreck. When she starts finishing in the top ten in Nationwide I'll start taking notice of her.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I agree, beauty is in the eye of the beholder . . .

You'll see her in 10 cup races this year. Tommy Baldwin has reached an agreement to give here the points that Dave Blaney fought hard for. Dave Reutimann to run the rest of the schedule. I think Blaney will work to get a 2nd TBR car in the top 35. I am a big Baldwin fan, and I support anything he does to improve his business. I'd love to see a new team make it from the ground up. Start and Park, to top 35 to the Chase. This is one reason I support Start and Park. It's the way you do it . . .

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

You guys are funny, I on the other hand don't care how old I am and I will say out loud SHES FREAKING HAWT!!

I hope she does well in NASCAR, heck I hope she wins the Championship, NASCAR Needs her, not badly but she will certainly open up the female side of NASCAR fans......and the males too

QC

Supreme Mariner

She's kinda mousey . . . :eek: :D

DaNinja

Lieutenant

I was a Danica fan in NASCAR until someone let her behind a microphone.
Can you find anyone else to blame for a poor performance, Danica?! :facepalm:

She's done better as she's gone along, though. She seemed to be taking more responsibility for her performance, or lack of.

Unrealistic expectations has been a problem with another celebrity driver.

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

She is easy on the eyes and if Nascar had cheerleaders, she could be one! I think if women are gonna race they should have there own exclusive association. Drivers, builders, pit crews all women! NAWSCAR. I would like to see that race!:D

ehenry

Commander

Monmicked, thats not a half bad idea. I'd watch it !

skargo

Banned

If she wasn't famous nobody would notice her, mediocre looking IMO...

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

I always had a preference for brunettes:facepalm: and I thought her driving was the mediocre thing:D

WIMUSKY

Staff member

You guys are funny, I on the other hand don't care how old I am and I will say out loud SHES FREAKING HAWT!!

I hope she does well in NASCAR, heck I hope she wins the Championship, NASCAR Needs her, not badly but she will certainly open up the female side of NASCAR fans......and the males too

I'm with Lipp!

The big thing this year is, she will be concentrating solely on NASCAR and not splitting her time with the IRL too. That "should" make her a better NASCAR driver. Time will tell.........