Minus 26.5 degrees in Europe - 61 degrees today in Mid-West

Bubba1235

No longer on Forums
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46235536/ns/weather/

Strangest "winter" I've ever lived through in the Mid-West. I think we've had maybe a total of 2" of snow all witner and even that was gone by noon or so. My propane use isn't even half of what it was last year, people walking around in shirts in January and February, guys out fishing the local lakes with their boats, neighbor even mowed his lawn yesterday!

I guess we will have to go through a drought this year to make up for all the flooding last year...

robert graham

Admiral
Re: Minus 26.5 degrees in Europe - 61 degrees today in Mid-West

Yep, we've also had a mild winter here in Soth Carolina, 65 degrees tomorrow!....To me the cold just sucks, being an "outside type dog", being trapped indoors drives me bonkers! About 6 more weeks and we'll be gettin' the boat ready for our Florida/StJohns River trip in April...can't wait!:)

ziggy

Admiral

Strangest "winter" I've ever lived through in the Mid-West
yep, me too. i been in NE. most my of my 52 years. this is the oddest winter for sure. geeze, my b/day was a couple days ago, i grilled out for my bday dinner. heck, usually, i can't even get the charcoal to light due to sub zero temps w/ wind and snow...
mighty strange winter for sure...
I guess we will have to go through a drought this year to make up for all the flooding last year...
i do hope that isn't true though..
might not be too (positive thinking ya know). NE. is supposed get snow or rain in most places over the next couple days.. we do need the moisture... do hope it don't come in the form of an ice storm though...

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

I agree, but now that I agree we are under a Blizzard Warning for the next 48 hours and possibly 12-24 inches of snow!!

Same here in southern ontario, we currently have no snow on the ground, and the only significant snowfall we got was gone within 2 days

southkogs

Staff member

... no kiddin'. And those of us down south will get to extend our tornado season!!! Wheeeeeeee!!!

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

60 here too, has been for the last two weeks. Less then a inch of snow. Unseasonably warm all winter. We were under a tornado watch in January!

mphy98

Lieutenant

Aint it grand!!! I will take a winter like this any year!!!

fisherguy123

Petty Officer 1st Class

normal winter for us

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Feb. 04 22.53.jpg
    ScreenHunter_01 Feb. 04 22.53.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 0

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

Spring flowers are starting to pop up and the Red Bud tree's have buds on them.

Eight deg's. cooler then mid Florida and fourteen deg's. cooler then south Florida. :D
We're 25 deg's above normal here.

What's next ??? Mowing the grass in Febuary? :confused::facepalm:

My old bones tell me we're going to have a "BLIZZARD" come about March. :eek:

southkogs

Staff member

My old bones tell me we're going to have a "BLIZZARD" come about March. :eek:

Not last year, but the three years prior our bigger snowfalls for the year (not that impressive by northern standards) hit in March.

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander

We're also seeing 60 degrees in the Mid South. We've gone from heavy coats to rain coats, as two nice days have been followed by two rainy days. We're already seeing some flowers start to bloom and some undergrowth budding out.

Just wait until the bugs come this Summer. Without cold to impede their hatching--Nature will take over. We also need the cold to keep down some of the mold and other allergies down.

I don't believe we've seen the last of the cold weather--by any means.

DayCruiser

Ensign

We had 3 snow falls in SC last year. Nothing but rain this year. Thunderstorms in January are unusual but we had them. More storms are forecast this weekend. Many Spring like days. My weeds do need mowing. I just don't want to buy the gas to mow them. We do have mild winters occasionally but this is ridiculous. Saves on the power bill. May get to go boating earlier this year. I am waiting on 75+ degree temps to do that. Even at 70, the wind whipping off a chilly lake make it not much fun for me.
The Jet stream is stuck in Alaska, Canada and Siberia and the from Siberia down to Europe. So it is usually cold and snowy in Europe. Most of Alaska is buried in many feet of snow