what is this mount called,and how hard is it to replace..2000 mercury 90hp

replicaracks

Cadet
the lower motor mount???, has lots of play in it ,and needs replaced, can someone explain to me how big of a job this is, and what is the part actully called that I need?Thanks for help motor is a 2000 90 hp saltwater

Attachments

• IMG_1055.jpg
    IMG_1055.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 0

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: what is this mount called,and how hard is it to replace..2000 mercury 90hp

That is the lower point where the mid section of the engine connects to the bracket attached to the pivot tube which is attached to the transom mounting bracket assy. Used to be soft rubber to isolate engine vibrations from the boat, but after the advent of PTT and bass boats running 65 and all OEM's found that the mounts had to be firm. So I don't know what you'll find.

On difficulty, you may be able to replace them without disturbing the upper ones. Otherwise, if you have to pull the engine to get both top and bottom off the studs then you will have to have a hoist to support the engine.

Why do you need to replace them?

Mark

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: what is this mount called,and how hard is it to replace..2000 mercury 90hp

That is the "yoke" that attaches to swivel pin or steering tube as some call it. The bolts/nuts running thru yoke are from the motor mounts that are on the midsection under the plastic covers. Usually the splines on the yoke and tube degrade and cause the slop. You will need to pull powerhead and midsection to repair as upper mounts will have to be loosened also, and being a salty dog lots of heat,lube and book on proper way to cuss !!!!