No spark

HAS

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I got my 50hp. 1985 4cyl. engine together today, I had jumper wires to ground the plug wires so I could see how
the starter was working. I cranked the engine and it was ok, when I got back to the engine I saw the jumper
wires had come off the no.1 and no.2 plug wires, there is no spark from these 2 coils, no.3 and no.4 coils have
good spark. What did I screw up now??
THANK YOU HAS

SparkieBoat

Captain
Re: No spark

you can test your electronics by using the links below in my sig.

HAS

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I switched the trigger wires on the switch box, still had no spark on no.s 1 and 2 cyl.s, had good spark on no,s 3 and 4 cyl.s,
Does that eliminate everything but the no. 1 and no. 2 ignition coils? HAS

Laddies

Banned

swap the blue with the blue/white and the red with the red/white if the spark changes from 3&4 to 1&2 the stator is bad if it says the same the box is bad

HAS

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Laddies
Switched the wires like you said in your post, still have no spark on 1&2. spark is good on 3&4. Are there anymore test I can do to
be sure the switch box is bad?..........THANKS FOR YOUR HELP........HAS

Laddies

Banned

If swapping the coil inputs will make you feel better do it, it only takes a couple of minutes and don't cost anything when you do it yourself but there is a 99% that it's the switch box.

HAS

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I switched the coil hot wires, had good blue spark on 1&2. no spark on 3&4. I did not doubt what you told me , I just had to see
for myself. I have the smarts of a brick about electronics. I ordered a Sierra switch box this afternoon from iboats.
I really appreciate all the help I get from the people with knowledge, that willingly take time to help people like me.
THANK YOU...............HAS PS: When I get the new switch box I`ll get this thing srtarted and see how my overhaul
turns out.

SparkieBoat

Captain

I would still recommend getting a DVA adapter and testing all of your electronics.

HAS

Petty Officer 2nd Class

SparkieBoat
I plan to get a DVA adapter as soon as I can, I have a printout of one from usatoolwarehouse.com for $26.22 .
I THANK YOU .........HAS