QD-18 and pressure tank question???

Arctic 33

Seaman Apprentice
I took the boat out a couple of weeks ago and dialed in the high speed and low speed. Boat ran great. Went yesterday
and the motor started but seamed to be starving for fuel. It seamed the fuel was pulsing. Alot of sneezing. The primer
bulb did not want to push down. I moved the low speed setting a little it did not change. When I returned home
I pulled the assembly from the tank and the primer button is now functioning. There was pressure in the tank when I
removed the cap. I put in a barrel today and it started fine and was still pulsing and sneezing. I moved the low speed
out until it leveled out and was idling good. This was about 1/2 turn. Started the motor a few times and the idle was good.
Then it would start sneezing and the level out. I started the last time and it idled 5 minutes no sneezing, i removed the
fuel connector and the motor died in about 5 seconds. There is always pressure in the tank. Wife wants to go fishin and I
don't need it to let her down. I think I am missing something. Could the primer button being stuck cause my problem.
After running so good a couple weeks ago I thought this seamed to be a strange ocurrence. It seams to be running fine
now.
Thanks
Chuck

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral
Re: QD-18 and pressure tank question???

It sounds like you have an obstruction in your fuel line, to your carb. Disconnect your fuel line from your carb and see if you can pump fuel through that line with your primer.

Arctic 33

Seaman Apprentice

I did clean the screen on the tube in the tank yesterday. It did not seam clogged and I did not check the fuel line, they are pretty new. I pumped the primer button on tank and then pushed in on the fuel
connector and had a good spray of fuel.

kfa4303

Banned

kodibass

Master Chief Petty Officer

Run engine until it starts the sneezing, then unhook tank connector & rig fuel line from a gravity feed hung above the tank and see if problem goes away, might get ya in the ball park.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Clogged sintered fuel filter element in the glass bowl on the bottom of the carburetor??? As a temporary test, remove it and see if it runs without it.

Arctic 33

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the info. I moved the low speed setting 1/2 turn from the 1 1/2 already set 2 weeks ago. There has been fuel present at the
connector with good pressure. I will check that filter in the sediment bowl. Many thanks again.
Chuck