Part

ericcarr2000

Ensign
I need some help on this one. While outside snowblowing behind the boat, I accidentially went just a tad bit too far and hit a part that is located on the lower part of the transom. It looks like a little black wheel which is mounted on a little mount that will flip the wheel up and down. It sort of looks like a small version of the water impeller located in the alpha one outdrive. This wheel has I think one wire attached to it. Can someons please tell me what this is called so I can get a replacement? I really dont want to unwrap it and follow that wire to see where it goes to.
Thanks a bunch guys.
Gary.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Part

Ayuh,... It's the speed sensor for yer fish finder...

ericcarr2000

Ensign

I have two of these on the back. I have one that has one wire going to it which is fine. The one that broke has two wires that go to it and im assuming it used to go to a G.P.S. unit. Upon inspection, yes I uncovered the backside of her to do an inspection, I had noticed that the two wires had been cut away just on the other side of the transom, so this leads me to believe they went to a G.P.S. unit....
Thabnks anyway for the help.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

A GPS has no use for a speed sensor. Probably went to a previous SONAR.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

technically a SONAR has no use for a speed sensor either..... I'd say it went to a multifunction unit of some sort.... may have been called a fish finder or a plotter.... It may have had sonar and or gps capabilities :D

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Either way, you ought to go buy a lottery ticket. I never have that luck. Given a 50/50 shot, I would have broken the one still connected!

Now that you know, go ahead and remove it (fix the holes properly) to clean up the transom.

ericcarr2000

Ensign

lol, Hi Jon, thats exactly what im going to do, then ill go out and buy another G.P.S. system....:cool: