Looking for reputive service shop near Murrieta CA

I just bought a 1988 Sear Ray Seville cc and have been out of boating community for many years. I'm looking for a service center near Murrieta/Temecula to service my new to me boat. Can anyone help? I don't mind driving to either San Diego or orange county for solid work. I've read many reviews but I always feel that people only review when they aren't happy so tough to go on.

Re: Looking for reputive service shop near Murrieta CA

Ok how about San Diego? The boat is at Hipp marine and they have talked a good talk but they are a little slow with getting me an update. I know that God did not bless me with patients so maybe owning a boat with put me to the test.

Fun Times

Staff member

If possible, try to have some patients with them at this sensitive time frame, Due to the fact of right now usually most boat service shops are usually a little understaffed around this time frame due to it's still considered winter time, the economy is still not the best + right now they are most likely using all of their manpower they have available to move into the upcoming la boat show on February 9-12, Also they are a bigger busy shop to begin with, with their normal repeat customers they have from years past that are wanting to come in the door as well.

Hipp marine is a good reputable servicing dealer in the San Diego area that has been in business a long time, You should be in good hands there.

If for some reason things don't work out to good for you at hipp marine, then look up Quality Performance Marine in corona ca, They will definitely get you taken care of in a timely fashion. QPM's personal goal tries to have you in and out within three days when possible with routine maintenance.

Have some patients here and good luck to you.:)

FT

I appreciate the advise. Hipp has done a nice job. I was having a BM, as my daughter likes to explain. First boat and I want to get a jump on things but like I said maybe this is a nice test in patients because there is a lot of work to be done. Again, thanks for the info on both places.

You were right, Hipp Marine rocks!!!! Stopped by today to check the status and I can't say enough great things about their service department. Joe, Brian and Jon are all great guys. Joe, who is working on my boat spent 2 1/2 hours going over the motor, out drive (even said my boat was unique because it was the only year that merc made a white outdrive) and everything else he thought a newb should know.

He showed me what needed to be replaced and where I should just save my money. He cut my estimate down by 50%, which in this economy says they are honest people. They could have told me I needed to replace everything and I wouldn't have known better but was honest and said this stuff for this time, this can wait and this can be done in a year or two.

Again, can't say enough great things. See God, is showing me to be patient and it pays off. To show my gratitude I bought the guys lunch which was the least I could do. Personal service just around like that anymore. Highly recommended!!!

Thanks FT and I'm trying to get to the show on Saturday.