Omc float guage

alley mechanic

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hellow all, i have a question about the omc float guage that i just acquired from a friend that had it laying around that he never used,i tried to check with this guage using the v4 v6 cut out but it is not even close to what the spec one thirty second plus or minus one thirty second i set mine just slightley off parallel with gasket surface when you put the guage at the toe of the float it shows the float with carb inverted has to go way down which i know that is not correct do they have different float guages for my 98 115 intruder or am i measureing it with the guage in the wrong place can some one that used this guage give me some information how to use it.

Thank you

alley mechanic

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: Omc float guage

There's a reason he never used it.... it's not needed.

(Carburetor Float Setting)
(J. Reeves)

With the carburetor body held upside down, the float being viewed from the side, adjust the float so that the free end of the float (the end opposite the hinge pin) is ever so slightly higher (just ever so slightly off level) than the other end. And when viewed from the end, make sure it is not cocked.

clanton

Rear Admiral

Guage not used for the 60 degree engines. Top of float is set parallel with gasket surface of the float bowl. I`m guessing your engine is a 60 degree engine, can`t without model number.

alley mechanic

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes it is a sixty degree engine e115glecm thank you very much i had been pulling my hair out why that guage dont work on my engine, i guess maybe it was for the crossflows.

Alley mechanic