ID this boat?

SportPhish31

Seaman Apprentice
Whats up everyone, my name is SunsetDockman or Phillip. I'm pretty new to actually owning a boat but Ive been around water all my life and have always wanted one. So I gathered up what little money a poor college student could and worked out a deal so I could get one. I'm stoked about owning a boat, but I have many questions. Im only asking one now though. What model is it? I know its an 86 Sea Ray Seville edition 17' but not the actual model. Any of the experts wanna help?

Picture 015.jpgPicture 013.jpg

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander
Re: ID this boat?

Sea Ray is the make, Seville would be the actual model. The gel-coat appears to be in good condition. Have you checked the deck, stringers and transom for rot? Hopefully it is solid but it's always a good idea to check. I also noticed you have an OMC drive. Just to forewarn you, OMC has been out of business for 20 or so years and parts can be difficult to find or expensive.

superbenk

Commander

SEI makes an adapter & Mercruiser outdrive clones if you ever run into a major problem with the OMC Cobra drive (assuming you have a Cobra that's compatible). Hopefully it's not something you'll ever need, but it's good to know there's options if things go bad.

southkogs

Staff member

You should also be able to take your Hull Identification Number (HIN - should be stamped on the stern under the rub rail and on your capacity plate) and call Sea Ray directly for any more specifics about the hull production. But like BoatNut said, it's a 17' Sea Ray Seville - and that's about as much information as you'll need to ever do anything with it.

Purty lookin' boat too. Congratulations on the buy ... from another OMC guy :)

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Nice clean looking boat. Sure beats anything I had in college. Enjoy and be safe.

SportPhish31

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks guys, yeah shes in great condition needs a little upholstery work but everything else is good really. Solid floor, runs good, hull is in great condition. Another question, What type of engine is this?
Picture 009.jpg
here is more pictures
Picture 001.jpgPicture 002.jpgPicture 006.jpg

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Can't be specific But there was a 2.5, 4 cylinder 128 hp and a 3.0 4 cylinder 140hp.
There may be labels that indicate what it is and the experts can probably tell by the layout.

orbanp

Petty Officer 1st Class

From the sticker it looks like the 3 liter version.

Peter