so that's an unpleasant way to wake up (search warrant next door)

Philip_G

Chief Petty Officer
So round about 6am I'm dead asleep and I hear some talking and think the wife woke up and kicked the tv on or fell asleep with it on or something but it keeps repeating the same thing over and over, and as I'm waking up I realize he's shouting an address that's pretty close but the street I'm on takes a bend just past our house and the street name changes and I don't know the numbers.
then I realize he's shouting an address and then search warrant, still coming out of a fog. Next there's a loud bang and a bright flash and I'm up and moving now thinking this is a few houses up.
I look out the window, it's still dark and there's a police cruiser at each end of the street blocking it and I see someone walking up to the front door of the house next door and I think they're going door to door for something so I throw some pants on and head over to another window where I notice some sort of armored truck in the neighbors driveway I can't see real well in the dark.
then about 5 or 6 regular personal looking vehicles roll up with their lights off and all funnel in the house.

armored truck leaves 15 minutes later, all the cruisers but one maybe 45 later, then a second rolls up and takes the dude from one car, that car leaves, puts him cuffed in his/hers and leaves, then the private vehicles leave except one.

bizarre.

I was hoping they'd congregate out front so I could accost one from afar and ask what was going on, but they didn't and I suppose wouldn't tell me anything anyway.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Re: so that's an unpleasant way to wake up (search warrant next door)

Sounds like they used a Flash Bang so its likely a Drug bust or Suspect/Fugitive Arrest, and you were right to stay in your house, they can go a little crazy, if the plain clothes guys came in quickly then the house was secured so at that point its safe. You can go by the Sheriff's Office and tell them your a neighbor and they should tell you what the Search Warrant was for, Most times Search Warrants are public info but they can be sealed pending investigation.

Not the best way to start your day is it! Could have been worse though imagine if they had come to your door!

tpenfield

Staff member

Just be glad they didn't have your address by mistake . . .

Philip_G

Chief Petty Officer

Sounds like they used a Flash Bang so its likely a Drug bust or Suspect/Fugitive Arrest, and you were right to stay in your house, they can go a little crazy, if the plain clothes guys came in quickly then the house was secured so at that point its safe. You can go by the Sheriff's Office and tell them your a neighbor and they should tell you what the Search Warrant was for, Most times Search Warrants are public info but they can be sealed pending investigation.

Not the best way to start your day is it! Could have been worse though imagine if they had come to your door!

Just sucks I work a swing today and normally I don't sleep in but was sleeping really well this morning. Now I'll be tired all day at work.

I've had my suspicions about the guy, nice house, a few toys, never goes to work etc.

As loud as whatever that was sounded from inside my house I can't imagine being in that one.

Guess I don't have to complain about that barking dog now. :D

robert graham

Admiral

It's great they got the scum-balls/drug dealers/whatever out of your neighborhood, before their problems may have spilled over towards your house! I mean who needs this living next door?....:mad:

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Sorry Phil I can understand that you were less then amused after working all night but thats the theory on early morning raids, to catch the suspect at their weakest, were all human even criminals and we have our weak times, all of us even those that prey on others.

BuzzStPoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade

We had a raid/search warrant a few houses down from our place too.

My dogs kept barking at the window everytime I would look, nobody was around. This went on for about 20 minutes or so, After the last bark I went back to bed and heard, boom, boom boom! (Darn near sharted in my jammies :D). I jumped up and looked out the window, In the matter of like 2 minutes from when i looked out the window, there were like 6 squads and the local swat van/armored truck. This time there were officers around the yard.
Like a fool I went outside to be met with some very stern officers in my yard kinda downward pointing their weapons yelling go back inside!! As I turn around I see there are officers in my back yard as well. (fenced in area).

A while later it all calmed down. Luckily my step uncle is on the county swat, so he knew was was going on. I later asked him. Apparently they've been watching that house for quite some time now for drug dealing... But a fumble along the way didn't relise the people they are after moved. Wasn't a total loss. They still got some good drug traffic/offenders and others that had drug warrants.

Could never figure it out until later.
Our street is like any other side street. A street light here and there, dark in between. This house was in the dark area. Without notice my neighbor and I commented to each other about the damn light they put up.. Not one of those yellowish but they white LED style. We didn't like it because it was bright. After a few months of this happening, the light was removed.....

Philip_G

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry Phil I can understand that you were less then amused after working all night but thats the theory on early morning raids, to catch the suspect at their weakest, were all human even criminals and we have our weak times, all of us even those that prey on others.

oh I just work odd hours, for the rest of the world it's perfect timing, late enough most people are starting to get up for work but early enough to catch them off guard.

I went back to sleep, not much change one of the private vehicles is still there and has been since 6 and another police cruiser is sitting out front. NO CLUE what is going on.

Philip_G

Chief Petty Officer

We had a raid/search warrant a few houses down from our place too.

My dogs kept barking at the window everytime I would look, nobody was around. This went on for about 20 minutes or so, After the last bark I went back to bed and heard, boom, boom boom! (Darn near sharted in my jammies :D). I jumped up and looked out the window, In the matter of like 2 minutes from when i looked out the window, there were like 6 squads and the local swat van/armored truck. This time there were officers around the yard.
Like a fool I went outside to be met with some very stern officers in my yard kinda downward pointing their weapons yelling go back inside!! As I turn around I see there are officers in my back yard as well. (fenced in area).

A while later it all calmed down. Luckily my step uncle is on the county swat, so he knew was was going on. I later asked him. Apparently they've been watching that house for quite some time now for drug dealing... But a fumble along the way didn't relise the people they are after moved. Wasn't a total loss. They still got some good drug traffic/offenders and others that had drug warrants.

Could never figure it out until later.
Our street is like any other side street. A street light here and there, dark in between. This house was in the dark area. Without notice my neighbor and I commented to each other about the damn light they put up.. Not one of those yellowish but they white LED style. We didn't like it because it was bright. After a few months of this happening, the light was removed.....

my dogs were oblivious :D but it went down pretty much the same way, the armored guys went in and a bunch of people rolled up quietly in cars and in they went.

these guys are renters, moved in about august. I'm not in ritzville but I'm in the cheaper part of a nice neighborhood. the property owner hasn't heard from the police or his tenants. They're probably paying 2k ish a month rent for that place.
the really odd part is I don't think we're even IN the city that the police are doing this, we're unincorporated county. I got to thinking today we usually see a sheriff cruiser come through on patrol every week or so but hadn't seen them for months, wonder if they backed off on purpose.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Guys I can't stress this enough, watch over your neighborhood, phil was very lucky in that this situation was only Marijuana, if it had been a meth Lab or as we here in Colorado have become very aware of over the last couple years an up and coming terrorist, these situations are all to often found by nosey neighbors, that doesn't mean the SWAT team is going to go right in and break the door down, investigations can take months, years even. AND FOR GOD SAKES IF YOU HEAR "POLICE SEARCH WARRANT followed by BOOM BOOM, DONT GO OUTSIDE!!! In a proactive police area the police will come by and tell you when its safe to go outside.

This is why you need to stay in your homes when a Search Warrant is being served
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhgDHsByT_4

The back story is that this individuals family is a well known narcotics trafficker in Tucson, (my home town) the search warrant was served properly with warning and the individual(a marine) came out of his bedroom with a gun, by all accounts this was a good shoot by the SWAT team regardless of how they carried out the warrant or their specific routine which is widely ripped apart among the SWAT agencies in the nation, to slow, to late in the morning etc etc.

If you hear POLICE SEARCH WARRANT get your wife and kids and hole up in a safe place in your home as far away from the yelling and wait until notified otherwise

Be careful out there

I should also note that Drugs have no boundaries I live in one of the richest counties in the nation and I know for a fact that these kind of raids are carried out on a weekly basis here, the only reason why you don't see Douglas County on that news report(in my opinion) is because the Sheriff here hunts drug dealers/manufacturers constantly and relentlessly.

BuzzStPoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade

In a proactive police area the police will come by and tell you when its safe to go outside.

We weren't notified before hand. Had no idea anything was going on.. As far as the traffic. 4 doors down, there are 4 public housing units. Then several other house on the other side of the street are rental houses that cater to college kids. So traffic coming and going isn't unusual for my street.

I'm not a nosey neighbor, but I watch the front window. My recliner needs to be in front of it so I can kinda watch. Don't know why. I tried doing the right thing once. Neighbor across the street told me they were going to Hodag for a week. And that was it.. About 1/2 way through I seen a truck pull up and they were unloading boxes from the house. I thought about it for a few minutes and decided to call the police. The not sure what happened, but when the renters came back he chewed me out and told me to mind my own Fxxx business.... Perhaps it wouldn't have been so suspicious if they used some lights? Instead of a battery lantern?

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

No you wont get any advanced warning, they(LEO) would be worried about you tipping the residents off.

I'm alot like you though I watch over my neighbors, I caught my next door neighbors wife in lets say a "compromising" position in a car in front of her house with a man that was NOT my Neighbor while my Neighbor was away on business, three kids in the house even, funny how some people get all weird when they are confronted by a flashlight lighting them up......

And their pants around their ankles....

southkogs

Staff member

No you wont get any advanced warning, they(LEO) would be worried about you tipping the residents off.

I'm alot like you though I watch over my neighbors, I caught my next door neighbors wife in lets say a "compromising" position in a car in front of her house with a man that was NOT my Neighbor while my Neighbor was away on business, three kids in the house even, funny how some people get all weird when they are confronted by a flashlight lighting them up......

And their pants around their ankles....

Might have to start calling you Mrs. Kravitz, Lipp :D

Good advice on keeping your nose out of the "goings on." I grew up in Detroit ... and I mean "in" ... and in most cases it's best and safest to steer clear and read about it in the news later on. Even when it's next door ... or on your front lawn (ask me how I know) ... let the dust settle before you satisfy your curiosity.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

LOL Kogs, I have been involved with Law Enforcement for a very long time, my best friend of 15 years spent almost 10 years as a SWAT Team Sniper and then the team commander, in a year he will be my Captain if things go alright with me, I should start at the Sheriff's Office in less then a month and then in a year I will hopefully be a Sworn Deputy. I wont say he gives me inside information because he doesn't but I have been a long time shoulder for him so I kinda know how things go.

This bust is big news here though, 25 Search Warrants and 16 people arrested, many kids placed which is sad, it appears that in many cases these people were growing in the same rooms their children were sleeping in, just to give you an idea of how bad the drug system is, it appears that they were growing and then FedExing the pot to the customers across the nation pretty ingenious when you consider that a vast majority of the ICE drug operation is on import flights not domestic, this bust may change that...

Fishing Dude too

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Be glad they gotthe house right. About 15 years ago the sheriff broke my door down with a serch warrant for the house at the other end of town. It sat back off the road for some reason UPS gets them mixed up too. I was asleep when the sheriff did this they did pay for the damage and now leave me alone, my cousin was a deputy was a total mess but hey guess it happens.

southkogs

Staff member

...in a year he will be my Captain if things go alright with me, I should start at the Sheriff's Office in less then a month and then in a year I will hopefully be a Sworn Deputy.

I do a little support work for LE, but mostly in disaster relief situations. Got to know a bunch of the local guys shooting over the years, and working in college housing (you can do the math on that). That's getting to be a tough racket to become "retired" from. Stay sharp bro.

tomdinwv

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Drugs are out of control. About 4 years ago they busted my neighbor for cooking meth. The guy was using something called the Nazi method. Had some bad chemicals in his house. Deputy on the drug task force told me if something went wrong the explosion would have taken out my house and a couple others. Turned out to be one of the largest meth busts in the state. They evacuated part of my neighborhood, had the bomb squad and haz mat team in here all night. It was a mess. Then on top of that, this guy's lawyer called and wanted my wife and I to testify on behalf of the moron cooking the meth! Told him we'd be glad to testify for the prosecution.

I never knew what was going on next door. I never talked to the guy. I learned to pay closer attention to what goes on in my neighborhood. The signs were there, but I never thought about it. These people are everywhere.

Philip_G

Chief Petty Officer

dwco5051

Commander

It is even better if it is just a body warrant for one person to get them first thing in the morning where they work (if employed) walking between where they park and there workplace. No access to weapons which may be in their home, surprise factor, and them not wanting to make a scene in front of their boss or fellow workers.