98 115 intruder needle seat

alley mechanic

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hellow every one, as i was doing my carb rebuilding on my 98 115 intruder i noticed that my carb kit came with a needle seat that has a larger hole in it than what the original equipment has is this a upgrade , or vender supplier changes, my concern is will this affect the carburator performance in that the fuel in float chamber will fill more slowley, i have the right part no for this application thanks.

Alley mechanic

rtek816

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 98 115 intruder needle seat

Alley,

I think a larger hole in the seat will allow fuel to enter the bowl faster, thereby keeping a more consistent level in the carb throughout the throttle range. The needle on the float will shut it down at the appropriate time.

alley mechanic

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Im very sorry i wrote the wrong information, the repair kit came with a smaller hole in the needle seat than what i took out of my 98 115 intruder i was in a hurry to grt the post out. Alley mechanic

SparkieBoat

Captain

well in that case I am not sure if I would go with that, you may want to get a OMC original needle valve and seat. I would just use my old seats and needles until you get new ones, they are probably ok since you cleaned them good.

alley mechanic

Petty Officer 2nd Class

These are the omc rebuild kits and i have the right pat numbers.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

As Sparkie said, use the old ones until you get the correct size. If the carbs don't flood over leave them in there. You could also call BRP customer service at 1-262-884-5993 and ask them.

alley mechanic

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes all 4 kits came with the same seat, i double checked the numbers and everthing matches my parts manuel, all bags were sealed .

Alley mechanic

alley mechanic

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thank you for all your help i will try and call brp tomrrow to see what they say.

Thank you
alley mechanic

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

I checked and that seat was used on almost every OMC product since 1986 through the early 2000's!!!!! from 4 hp to 200+ hp!!!!!!!!! i have never seen such a huge list!!!!!!!.....so I wonder if the one you took out was reworked....

bob

alley mechanic

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hellow, i bought this motor new it came on my triton tr 17 nobody ever has gone threw these carbs as a mater of fact tis is the first time outside of impeller change out i have worked on this engine the part no on the bags is whst i ordered and it is the right part no .

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

sooo you got two easy choices... you can just install what you bought....or try and clean up the old one as best you can and use it...Id personally use the new needle anyway....the rubber or plastic tip is what wears usually anyway..

the hard choice is to question some engineer type at BRP( luckily it is past 97 or they wouldnt discuss anything about that motor with you) and ask him what size the seat ID in the carb bowl should be....

good luck

bob

SparkieBoat

Captain

yes it will be helpful if you can get exact measurements of the holes.

alley mechanic

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well i called brp today and they checked to make sure i had the right needle and seat, and they said i had the right part no, he also said they had not had any calls with this issue before he did say to order anouther needle and seat kit to see what comes in i guess i didnot make it clear enough that i bought 4 kits, i also called a marina to see what they say they also said they had not had any complaints after carb rebuilds on omc outboards so i will put the new needle and seats in , i would like to thank all of you guys for the input.

Alley mechanic

boobie

Supreme Mariner

After what Bob Johnson researched and BRP told you, I would use them.