Fuel Flow Meter for Twin 2006 E-TEC 90HP

almansnr

Recruit
I have Twin 2006 Evinrude E-TEC 90HP and would like to have the following read outs:
GPH
MPG
Distance to empty

Since the iCommand does not communicate with the 2006 models (they started with 2008 for 90HP), I would appreciate advise on the best option I have to get the above 3 readings for my Twin engines.
Any input from those who have actually done it for the E-TECs with NMEA 2000 will be much appreciated as well as input from all.

Snoopy Joe

Cadet
Re: Fuel Flow Meter for Twin 2006 E-TEC 90HP

I have Twin 2006 Evinrude E-TEC 90HP and would like to have the following read outs:
GPH
MPG
Distance to empty

Since the iCommand does not communicate with the 2006 models (they started with 2008 for 90HP), I would appreciate advise on the best option I have to get the above 3 readings for my Twin engines.
Any input from those who have actually done it for the E-TECs with NMEA 2000 will be much appreciated as well as input from all.

the iCommand does not communicate with the 2006 models.

the machinist

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Fuel Flow Meter for Twin 2006 E-TEC 90HP

I have a 2005 75hp E-Tec & understand your pain. I doubt if you can get your wish list.

I did hook up a flow meter on my old Yamaha 150. It gave me GPH while running & after refueling, I could recalibrate the meter. Took a few times to get it pretty well set. It would then give how much fuel I had used, then with a known fuel tank capacity I could be pretty close.

Matter of fact one time, I was a fishing out of a marina a distance from home & was intending to come home Sunday afternoon. With the price of marine fuel high there, I took a extra 6 gallon tank. Heading back to the boat basin that afternoon, I was watching the flow meter & saw it fluttering. My son switched tanks & the motor never knew the main tank was dry.