Sport Deck Boats?

gsxr150

Seaman
So, I currently have a 2006 Larson LXI208. My wife and I decided we may upgrade. My two favorite boats are the Yamaha 242 Limited, and the Azure AZ238. Both of these have a lot of room, bathroom (and/or room for one) and the front is almost as wide as a deck boat. Both are super sporty. Now...the Azure's are very tough to find. What other brands/models am I missing, which I might like?

Samvq1

Seaman
Re: Sport Deck Boats?

My BIL bought a Sea Ray sundeck. It had the room of a deckboat and it was sporty. It had a space for a bathroom. It also had a 5 ltr engine. It handeled rough water pretty good. The lake was pretty rough when we took the test drive

DaNinja

Lieutenant

Our Starcraft deckboat came with the house on Lake of The Ozarks.
Not sure, but a SeaRay Sundeck may be better in the rough stuff.

Our Starcraft will send you to the chiropractor when it gets rough.
It does have a lot of room and a head. It does 55mph with a light tank and just me on calm water.

86 century

Ensign

Alot on the pricey side but you might like splendor boats.
They are a catamaran style.

I think they look cool just not for me.

TorchedGT

Seaman

Go with the Yamaha, you won't be disappointed.

^ what he said. The new marine-specific engines (don't let people spread the "motorcycle engine" stereotype anymore!) at 1800cc have plenty of grunt and are spectacular with maintenance; they're also self-draining.

You might see an efficiency hit if you're just cruising, as that seems to be a jets only weakness.. but other than that, it's amazing. They draw like 15" of water sitting, and obviously they draw nearly nothing once planing - it's great to cut corners around the lakes and rivers without having to worry about anything. It's also nice to swim around the boat totally care-free, I loved holding onto the rear swim deck handles and just floating up against the bottom of the boat. :D It's a different experience for sure.

They will also offer (hands down) the best warranty coverage of any other boat you'll consider, as there are Yamaha PWC dealers scattered all over the place.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

You might see an efficiency hit if you're just cruising, as that seems to be a jets only weakness.. but other than that, it's amazing.

Haven't checked on the specific model the OP is talking about, but in general, most of the newer jets get equal or sometimes better mpg's when compared to a similar equipped I/O. (by similar, I'm saying something capable of roughly the same top speed when propped for all-around use, and similar interior space. A yamaha jet is going to have more interior space than the exact same hull length I/O, so you need to go up a foot or two.

gsxr150

Seaman

Yep, we love the Yamaha, but the not the price. We want the Limited becuase of the extra features, but we need to back to back seating on the pass side (if you know the boat well, you'll know what I'm talking about). The catch is the 2011 model Limited S had a wakeboard tower that you could not lower. So, we're left with the 2012 Limited S which is darn expensive. For 2012 the Limited S had a tower you can lower...

BARKLEY

Banned

So, I currently have a 2006 Larson LXI208. My wife and I decided we may upgrade. My two favorite boats are the Yamaha 242 Limited, and the Azure AZ238. Both of these have a lot of room, bathroom (and/or room for one) and the front is almost as wide as a deck boat. Both are super sporty. Now...the Azure's are very tough to find. What other brands/models am I missing, which I might like?

Have you looked into Crownline?? Awesome boat!!!