Drain the Great Lakes on right now

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant
Re: Drain the Great Lakes on right now

Um, why would we want to drain the Great Lakes?!?!?

bassman284

Commander

Just to see the looks on the faces of you Port Huronites when you find yourselves high and dry. You'd be scratching your heads I bet.

Pretty interesting, actually. They use some very spiffy sonar and CGI to determine what the lakes were like 5,000 to 10,000 years ago when the water levels were somewhere between 50 and 100 ft lower than now and were essentially unconnected. There is a link where you can get it on streaming.

halfmoa

Ensign

Sounds intriguing. I'll keep an eye out for that!

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

They did that on the oceans as well. Things look pretty strange out of the water, and yes, it's CGI, not real :facepalm:

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

Just to see the looks on the faces of you Port Huronites when you find yourselves high and dry. You'd be scratching your heads I bet.

Pretty interesting, actually. They use some very spiffy sonar and CGI to determine what the lakes were like 5,000 to 10,000 years ago when the water levels were somewhere between 50 and 100 ft lower than now and were essentially unconnected. There is a link where you can get it on streaming.

Some perhaps, we have quite a few inland lakes as well but dang would it smash the economy round here!

CVX20SPRINT

Petty Officer 1st Class

Watched it a couple of times.Pretty interesting stuff.