Barrett-jackson auction

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander
Any "old farts" :facepalm: watching the cars they used to own?

Price's seem to be down, maybe I can afford that '65 GTO Convertible after all. :D

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Barrett-jackson auction

I watched it last night for a while, drooled all over the keyboard, and was amazed at what the little Metro and the the 48 Flatbed sold for :eek:

Just had to change channels since you brought it up, looks like a 67 Vette just went for 103K :eek:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I watched some last night. Got annoyed with the "aren't we wonderful" circuses. I applaud the support of charities, but don't like all the horn tooting.

I usually wait for Saturday and Sunday, when they sell cars I never had but lusted for. :)

robert graham

Admiral

I watched some last night...love that red Diamond T pick-up truck!.....Agree with JB, seems like a lot of fluff and "ain't we great" stuff. They sold a good looking LaSalle sedan and a Lincoln V-12 sedan....heck, it's all better than the cooking and decorating shows!:D

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Any "old farts" :facepalm: watching the cars they used to own?

Price's seem to be down, maybe I can afford that '65 GTO Convertible after all. :D

GTO, now you're talkin'! That '65 was nice and highly optioned. I agree about the prices. Although, tonite and tomorrow they'll go thru the roof. The thing I don't like about the charity stuff is, it seems to take forever to sell a car. I usually change the channel and go back later..

carsTDR63.jpg

scrit9mm

Chief Petty Officer

I find the fuesday and wednesday auctions to be more entertaining... some are obtainable to us regular people!

jkust

Rear Admiral

Only car my folks ever bought new was a 70 GTO convertable. I'd love to buy one and let my dad relive the glory days. Can only imagine how much a fully restored, non-clone would cost these days.

aspeck

Staff member

I got a '76 50th anniversary edition "Smokey and the Bandit" Trans Am that is the real deal that I will sell you. Unfortunately it is not of the 500 variety with a t-top and manual transmission, it is of the 1800 variety, auto, no t-top (they only leaked anyway ;)) Mostly original, needs the headliner re-glued. I did the redneck thing and stapled it to the roof!:eek: Only has 46K on her also! Not rubbing in anything, am I?

I would hate to sell, but being from a line of car dealers, anything is for sale if the price is right!:cool:

Wife keeps telling me she wants more room in the garage for her gardening stuff!

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I got a '76 50th anniversary edition "Smokey and the Bandit" Trans Am that is the real deal that I will sell you. Unfortunately it is not of the 500 variety with a t-top and manual transmission, it is of the 1800 variety, auto, no t-top (they only leaked anyway ;)) Mostly original, needs the headliner re-glued. I did the redneck thing and stapled it to the roof!:eek: Only has 46K on her also! Not rubbing in anything, am I?

I would hate to sell, but being from a line of car dealers, anything is for sale if the price is right!:cool:

Wife keeps telling me she wants more room in the garage for her gardening stuff!

Pix or it doesn't exist! :p

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Nice! Another Pontiac guy. You're alright, Art.......;)