My trip on the Kissimmee River Chain

ezrollin

Seaman
I've just returned from a five day / four night trip on the Kissimmee River chain of lakes.This is my brother in laws hand built house toon and the proto type for the one I'm building. The night temps were about 35-40 degrees and days were mild making for a nice trip.Here are some old fla river shots and one of wild fla lemons,some of which I used to make some delicious lemonade and a shot of the meager meals served up by yours truly using a campchef stove oven.IMG_0699.JPGIMG_0701.JPGIMG_0703.JPGIMG_0706.JPGIMG_0708.JPG

ezrollin

Seaman
Re: My trip on the Kissimmee River Chain

The one I missed !IMG_0727.JPGIMG_0729.JPG Including the peanut butter cookies.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Umm, and just why wasn't I invited?:p That sounds like a LARGE time, EZ. Thanks for sharing.

River_Lizard

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice photos and I like that cabin on your pontoon! Life can't get much better than being out on the water in something like that, can it?

ezrollin

Seaman

Umm, and just why wasn't I invited?:p That sounds like a LARGE time, EZ. Thanks for sharing.
Yeah,I personally think a weekender is typical of the trips for most of us but I didn't want to past up the chance to see some of the old kissimmee river and I had a really good time.My own boat is on the way to being completed and I'm already researching lakes and rivers in my area.On these kinds of trips you get to see fl. in a way that most people never will,even people fishing the rivers don't usually venture up into areas I'm willing to go,guess I need to invest in a small backup motor.

ezrollin

Seaman

The boat pictured belongs to my brother-in-law,mine will be almost identical with a few personal touches.Understand that mine is being built as a "weekender" and not a luxury house boat.The cabin is 8x12 ft. and will sleep four comfortably,it has a propane hot water shower[filtered water pumped from the river] and a porta pot enclosed by a wrap around curtain.I took showers in high 30-40 degree weather and was warm as toast,it has very small propane heater and set at lowest setting it keeps the cabin warm.A small two burner Campchef stove/oven can serve up meals like you would cook at home.On the front deck we have two large ice chest,one just for ice and the other for perishables.The ice chests also double as benches/tables and we have fold up canvas chairs as well.Last but not least is a flip down dvd player powered from a very quite and economical Honda ECU 1000 generator.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Sounds like she's set up right. Campchef makes good stuff. What kind of ice chests?

ezrollin

Seaman

Sounds like she's set up right. Campchef makes good stuff. What kind of ice chests?

I don't recall[my b n laws boat] but just the large plastic type available at Walmart etc;after five days we still had half a chest of ice,temperatures were cool at night and mild during the day.

River_Lizard

Petty Officer 1st Class

He's got a few rod holders on those railings I noticed!

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Well, a guy's gotta have his priorities straight.

ezrollin

Seaman

All those rod holders are for speckle perch fishing,last season with three guys on board we caught our 25 per person limit on most trips,I will try to find some of the pics of those catches.

Rayandrewss

Seaman

Nice pics EZ....guess I will add the Kissimmee chain to my list. No bass fishin while you were there? Is there a public ramp and if so where ?

ezrollin

Seaman

Nice pics EZ....guess I will add the Kissimmee chain to my list. No bass fishin while you were there? Is there a public ramp and if so where ?
If you live in Apopka I would suggest you start out at a public ramp or fish camp on Lake Kissimmee,that way you get to see the old[pre barge canal]river with it's twist and turns,if you start at Lake Okeechobee there's a public ramp at Oka Tantie . We were on the move from sun up to sunset and only did a little pole fishing at night,but there is some good bass fishing all along the river.

ezrollin

Seaman

I'm here in Inverness fl. and would like to take a trip up the Ocklawaha River.Start at Lake Griffin and maybe go all the way to Lake Ocklawaha.If anyone has is familiar with with the Ocklawaha I would appreciate your input.

staydry

Seaman

Looks like a great trip...any interior pics available? What's it powered by? Thanks

ezrollin

Seaman

bunks 2.jpgbunks.jpgshower.jpg
Looks like a great trip...any interior pics available? What's it powered by? Thanks

My brother-in-laws boat has a 60 hp 4 stroke Evnrd. I have 90 HP 4 stroke Suzuki if your referring to outboard.Shower and Campchef is propane and Honda ecu-1000 generator.It has four bunks,the two on bottom also serve as dry storage boxes,the upper two fold up against the walls and the two top shelves,one each side are for over head storage.You can put and insert between the two lower bunks to make one full bed.Here's a pic of the bunks and the rail for the shower curtain,a full coverage curtain will soon be installed to inclose both the shower and porta pot.I seem to have lost my pics of the actual shower and campchef stove/oven but will see if I can find them stored else where.