Looking for info on my evinrude outboard -------------

evinrudenewbie

Recruit
Hi all, Im looking for info on my Evinrude outboard. All I know about it E2.jpgE3.jpgView attachment E4.bmpis that its an Evinrude Sportwin, and I believe its a 1962? I have attached pictures of the engine, as well as pictures of the what I believe is a tag with the year it was manufactured, along with the serial number. If anyone could give me some more info and possibly a value of what this item may be worth, that would be helpful and much appreciated! Thanks!

nwcove

Admiral
Re: Looking for info on my evinrude outboard -------------

interesting id tags, have never seen one with slotted screws attaching it. look under the cowl on the powerhead, there should be a nickle sized aluminim plug with the model number and serial number.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

If thats a 10014 its a 57 10 hp. Many routine parts are available right here at iboats.
Used parts from many vendors on ebay or other sites. I've seen fully restored10 hp Evinrudes with $800 to $1,000
asking price. and some didn't include a tank. Otherwise the price is based on the buyers wallet and the condition of the motor.
I paid $100 for 55 5hp non running Bucaneer that I thought was excellent under the years of dust and grease.
After about $50 in parts and lots of elbow grease it proved to be excellent.www.aomci.org is the antique outboard site lots of
knowledge,parts,etc. Just don't ask about value.

Whoopbass

Chief Petty Officer

Running its probably worth $150-$250. Could be worth a little more if outboards are hard to come by in your area.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

I bought one new in 1957 for $400. The name was in block letters, not script. It was 18 hp. Forget what the xxxxtwin name rude gave it. If it is a 10 hp and in today's market, would not give much for it although this one seems to be in decent shape and the dollar has devaluated a lot since '57.

How about it is worth what you feel like paying for it?

Mine was a good solid, no nonsense OB and never gave me a minutes probem.

HTH,

Mark

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Yep, 10014 is a '57. Nice enough motors. I have a '56 Johnson version that is one of the nicest running motors I've ever had. If it doesn't have a ton of hours on it and no one has ever been told to run it on 50:1 mix, then it is probably still in good shape inside. The wrist pin babbit bearings like to get worn if they're run lean on oil... As for value? It's a buyer's market. Lots more people selling old motors than there are people buying them so prices stay down. Really cherry motors might draw a good buck, but run of the mill user motors get run of the mill prices. Maybe $100 for a barn fresh motor, upwards of $300-$400 for a clean one with all of the tune-up stuff done...

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Any 10HP is attractive in areas and waters where 10HP is the max allowed.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Any 10HP is attractive in areas and waters where 10HP is the max allowed.

Can I sneak this in without a "thread hijack demerit"? Aren't a lot of the regs on these lakes less than 10. i.e all the 9.9's that came out after this edict became popular?

Mark

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I think you are technically correct, Mark. Lake Occoquan, in VA, was a "9.9" lake even back in the 60s, but my fishing buddy, Dr. Bill, used his QD 10HP Johnny there regularly with no flack from the Fuzz. They did check it once to be sure it wasn't a FD 18HP in disguise.