83 evinrude 9.9 no fuel

montecarlols

Cadet
I decided to replace a few gaskets between the mid section and the lower unit last week. The rubber seal at the bottom of the exhaust tube and the paper gasket under the power head. Ran fine before, seemed louder than it should be so I took it apart. Now with it all together there seems to be no vacuum to the fuel pump, the crankshaft pulley seems to be easy to turn by hand also. Am I missing something here? Could the upper crankshaft seal have been damaged from the power head siting on it's side? Supposedly that seal was replaced by the original owner... Not sure what to do next, obviously I need to do a compression check(forgot tester at work). Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem btw all new gas lines and fuel pump

raczekp1

Lieutenant
Re: 83 evinrude 9.9 no fuel

fuel pump is mounted on hole leadnig to combusion chamber.tighten two fuel pump screavs preasing pump to this hole.
i doubt if you did something wrong with lower seal- the best is to do compresion test.
if powerhead is of then unscreav 3 bols from lower seal cower and heave a look at seal