Rather take a beatin.

BlkY2k

Chief Petty Officer
Am I the only one or does anybody else have a project that just sitting there ready to go and you would rather take a beating than get started. The kids car is sitting in the garage with a blown motor. The new motor is sitting beside the car hood off, batt. out and I just cant seem to find the get up and get off my butt to do it. Today was in the 30`s and tomorrow is gonna start rain and go to snow and geuss where I`ll be. :facepalm:

soggy_feet

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Rather take a beatin.

Ha!

I have an Audi TT that threw a rod... 2 years ago...

Last I touched it was a year ago to pull it out of my friends garage where I was storing it, to move it into my storage unit.

Have another car, and a truck, and a boat... the list goes on. The TT is not really a priority, although it would be nice to be able to drive it again. Just can't swing both the time, and the money at the same time to get it done.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

My to do list is long, worst part about it though is I have the time and parts here to do them, just lacking the enthusiasm.

AH maybe next week I'll get around to them.:facepalm: :redface:

mscher

Lieutenant

I purchased crawlspace insulation, three years ago.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Broken fence, weeded lawn, and a pallet of pavers still sitting in my driveway....Whatever do you mean???

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, I finished two bedrooms two weeks ago, had a new fireplace installed last week and am now doing the Hearth and Surround in Slate, Time to go to my third Job laters!!

Sometimes I go to work for a break from the slave driver!!

Jeep Man

Commander

Thank you, thank you, thank you guys (except Lipp). I thought it was just me.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Many projects on the go but with all my business travel it is tough to get my teeth into them. Currently working on my lower level "English Pub" that has been ongoing for the last 5 years !!!!:eek:
Trouble is that each time I got to the "finishing stage" one of our children either got married and moved out or just moved out on their own anyway for work etc. Each time there was another "spare" bedroom on that level my Pub expanded into the available space. Plan is to have it open for the end of March. Fingers crossed !!! :D

HANGEYE

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My motto.....Never do today what you can put off untill tomorrow. And when I do get at it, I start slow and then taper off.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have a 8'X13' World Map in rolls in my closet. It has been there for 6 years.:facepalm:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have a 8'X13' World Map in rolls in my closet. It has been there for 6 years.:facepalm:

That's OK, JB, I think it's probably out of by date now. LOL All my projects are still in the planning stages. I plan to do them someday.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

I have a master bath that I started the remodel on .................2 years ago!

BlkY2k

Chief Petty Officer

I will reply to this thread later.
Thats funny right there.
I wouldnt normally be like this but this blown motor was totally preventable. It started going through antifreeze and he just kept driving and adding, til it hydrolocked the motor. Then he had it towed over here and told me it just quit, well I found the antifreeze in the top of the motor and figured ok intake manifold no problem. I got the parts together and replaced the intake $200 later and when I went to fire it up it sounded like 5lbs of nuts and bolts in a 10lbs. can. He never told me it was hydrolocked. Grrrrrrrrrrr Some peoples kids.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

its winter here.....

FOR SALE.....

1 bag of round tuits.

cheap !