Anyone have experience with Floe boat lifts?

MN-WaterGuy

Cadet
Re: Anyone have experience with Floe boat lifts?

Floe's factory is about 20 miles from here. On any local lake, you see two types of docks - Floe and homemade. Ditto for snowmobile trailers. I don't have any personal experience with their lifts, but the quality of everything else they build appears to be top-notch.

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander

You probably see Floes because they've developed the dealer base close to their manufacturing plant.

Newman is another brand of popular lift you'll see in the Midwest.

I personally prefer a boathouse that holds the boat completely out of the water with steel cables and slings--or better yet a metal cradle supporting the boat. Of course, the water level cannot vary much with that style of boat lift.

I cannot remember ever even seeing a Newman or Flowe boat lift in the Mid South.

lakelover

Rear Admiral

My BIL has a Floe lift & aluminum dock and yes, both are very well made and engineered. There are many dealers nearby here in the northeast.

Bamaman, the Floe's I've seen have bunks for support and lake level is pretty consistent where I am. I'll have to look at Newman too and see if there are any dealers. Of course, "used" is always nice! :)

Aluminum is a must because I need to keep the weight down. The weight of the two brands I've looked at on line in the size I need are 160 and 220 lbs.