Brrrrrrr

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Well, its the coldest day so far this year -15c or about 2-3f.
Last week it was just at the freezeing point and great for working outside, this week ahhh maybe not so much!!:eek:

RogersJetboat454

Commander
Re: Brrrrrrr

Well, its the coldest day so far this year -15c or about 2-3f.
Last week it was just at the freezeing point and great for working outside, this week ahhh maybe not so much!!:eek:

Currently it's warmed up to a balmy 16?F here, and 0?F at the Lake in Maine...
Looking at the public web cam's for the lake's in Maine, the lakes are frozen over with people in ice shacks...
Winter is in full stride... :(

Bigprairie1

Commander

We dipped into the freezing temps over the last few days.....nice clear skies tho'.
We did get our first 'skiff' of snow a few days ago...but it disappeared in about 1/2 day. Parts of Vancouver got hit with snow and I'm hoping (believe it or not) that we get a few inches over here in Victoria....that way I could finally sell these snow tires I have listed for sale.::D:D
Hang in there Rob!!
BP:)

southkogs

Staff member

No kidding. It's been like that around here too ... 49? today and the low last night was a absolutely frigid ... ummmmm ... 37? ... errrr ... hmmmm ... :facepalm:

Grew up in Michigan. I can remember that REAL cold. What really stinks is when it sits sub-zero for a couple of days ... and ya' just gotta' get the shoveling done.

Muddy and brown down here. Kinda' miss the pretty white sometimes.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Well this is what I have to look forward to starting tommorrow.

For Nakusp BC

Today

-3?C

60%
Tue

-4?C
-6?C

Wed

-8?C
-10?C

Thu

-7?C
-13?C

Fri

-3?C
-9?C

Sat

-1?C
-4?C

Sun

0?C
-4?C

Issued : 5:00 AM MST Monday 16 January 2012
TodayCloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Periods of snow beginning late this afternoon. High minus 3. TonightPeriods of snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Low minus 6. TuesdayPeriods of snow ending in the afternoon then clearing. Amount 2 cm. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h late in the afternoon. High minus 4. WednesdaySunny. Low minus 10. High minus 8. ThursdayA mix of sun and cloud. Low minus 13. High minus 7. FridayPeriods of snow. Low minus 9. High minus 3. SaturdaySnow. Low minus 4. High minus 1. SundayPeriods of snow. Low minus 4. High zero. +More info
Record ValuesHistorical WeatherHistorical DataYesterday Max: -0.4?CMin: -6.9?CPrecip: 5.1 mm Normals Max: 0?CMin: -5?CToday Sunrise: 7:45Sunset: 16:17

sasto

Captain

Dang.....Keep warm Rob

Oh ye.....Happy belated Birthday!

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

Michigan isn't experiencing much in the form of normal winter. Less than 1 inch of snow this year at any given time. With above normal temps too, for the first couple months, . My snowmobiles could end up sitting the season out if things don't change. Not many of us here are not bothered by the cold, just wish we had the snow or ice that usually comes with winter to actually enjoy the 3-4 months of chilly stuff. It makes spring boating just that much more desirable.

sasto

Captain

Very nice, sasto. You resisted the urge to mention how it got down to a bone chilling 60 degrees last night. ;)

Yeah buddy......I'm learnin'. ;) back at ya!

Oh, by the way. It's a good day to take a run on a Checkmate.:facepalm:

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Yeah buddy......I'm learnin'. ;) back at ya!

Oh, by the way. It's a good day to take a run on a Checkmate.:facepalm:

The only good time that H20 goes from a liquid form to a solid is in cube form in my glass!

(now I have to fire up the basement wood stove to keep this place warm UGH)

Summer Fun

Banned

Yesterday it was -14*F

Today's heatwave -3*F.

freddo2.gif

soggy_feet

Senior Chief Petty Officer

-4?F last night in Burlington VT. Only complaint is from the truck trying to turn over in the morning. The sooner the lake freezes solid, the better the chances of doing time trials with the car out on the ice.

BTW, tip of the day, [ALT] 0176 on the keyboard makes the degree symbol ?

rbh

Fleet Admiral

So the project we were supposed to start this week got postponed till next week due to weather (Lots of snow and cold).
Around here it has been -25c about -5f
So I have been trying to keep the old home warm, we have wood stoves, one in the basement and one on the main floor.
We usually burn about 8-10 running feet of wood per day to keep the home warm, this week I think we are around the 20+ running foot mark per day, UGH
I am going to need to put in lots of fire wood come spring!!!

ehenry

Commander

Here its been getting down in to the 20's at night a couple nights a week then warming up to the mid to upper 60's during the day. This morning at 7 a.m. it was 30 now 1:20 p.m. cetral time its almost 70 outside.......if ya dont like our weather just wait a few minutes I promise it'll change . . . . . . :p

southkogs

Staff member

Here its been getting down in to the 20's at night a couple nights a week then warming up to the mid to upper 60's during the day. This morning at 7 a.m. it was 30 now 1:20 p.m. cetral time its almost 70 outside.......if ya dont like our weather just wait a few minutes I promise it'll change . . . . . . :p

Right with ya' ...

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander

I just finished raking my yard in my swimsuit. :D

fisherguy123

Petty Officer 1st Class

got down to -28 cel with wind chill on monday and then + 4 Cel on wed........kinda wierd......dropped to -4 deg cel today and flurries.......we have about 3 ft of snow down and great snowmobile and ski conditions here .......check out our live webcam at the local ski resort........http://skimarble.com/webcam.asp