Whats the best cover for Tahoe

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just got a 2008 Q4 SS last weekend and the cover that came with isn't very good... i have not where to store it out of the wether right now so the water puddles on cover and water seems to just go through it cuz my seat and carpet gets wet. So where is the best place online / store to get a good cover I have a wakeboard tower as well... thanks for the help and advice.... :)

brown_one

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Whats the best cover for Tahoe

i had one custom made here locally. made of aqualon.

grendelsniper

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I think if you have a tower, best bet would be have a custom one made at your local upholster shop it might be pricey but fit exact.

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

Do local upholstery shops usually make boat covers?

brown_one

Petty Officer 3rd Class

we have a couple of places here that do covers and interior upholstery. have to leave your boat with them for a few days.

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

We just bought one yesterday that was an exact fit from a local boating shop. The cover is made from Carver and is well built. The cover does not come with the tie down straps but is trailerable and breathable. We bought the tie down straps and a cover kit to keep the cover from sagging from the rain) The cover is double layered and I believe does come in different colors. The one we got was a grayish color which is the only color the boat shop had.

I had to check the boat out after the recent rains to find lots of water in the ski locker which was a 4 hour clean up for us! Everything was slimy etc. I only had the snap in covers on the boat which do NOT do keep out the rain. For me I need a trailerable cover because we like to load things in the boat when we go camping and don't want things to blow out, as well as it keeps the dirt from going in the boat and covering the seats during the drive.