Yamaha 454 7.4L Hydra Drive Parts??

deadduckky

Cadet
Sorry I am a newbie when it comes to big boats. Someone stole my prop and the gear/ shaft hooked to the prop off my 1992 Ebbtide with the 454 7.4L Yamaha and now i'm looking to buy a new one! I can't seem to find anything. Any ideas? Would consider buying an entire used hydra drive for the right price if thats what it takes. Any ideas or guidance?! ALL help is greatly appreciated!! Or is another outdrive able to replace this one relatively easy?

Thank You.:confused:

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Yamaha 454 7.4L Hydra Drive Parts??

Sorry I am a newbie when it comes to big boats. Someone stole my prop and the gear/ shaft hooked to the prop off my 1992 Ebbtide with the 454 7.4L Yamaha and now i'm looking to buy a new one! I can't seem to find anything. Any ideas? Would consider buying an entire used hydra drive for the right price if thats what it takes. Any ideas or guidance?! ALL help is greatly appreciated!! Or is another outdrive able to replace this one relatively easy?

Thank You.:confused:

Ayuh,.... Yamaha entered the American market for only a couple of years, 'n then abandoned the market....

My guess is, that part can't be bought, which is why yer's was stolen...

No,... Nothing different will swap in, unless ya repower from the Pulleys, to the Prop...

Sorry...

triman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm just a little confused about this thread. Would it be possible to post a picture of what you have left?

deadduckky

Cadet

Thanks for the info. unfortunately its doesn't sound good.

Yes, I will try to get a picture of it posted tomorrow. It looks like they went for the prop but couldn't get it off so they took the whole assembly attached to the prop maybe:confused:

deadduckky

Cadet

My outdrive has V8-DHD stamped on an aluminum plate and I found a yamaha outdrive with V8-RHP which the guy said it was also off a 7.4L 454, Does anyone know what the difference between the DHD and RHP are???

Thanks!

90stingray

Lieutenant Junior Grade
How the hell does someone steal an entire prop shaft?!? Man. People are ruthless. But like bondo said, the guy knew parts are scarce, and knew what he needed. That is truly amazing. Makes me glad my boat resides in my garage. Sorry dude.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

deadduckky

Cadet

My outdrive has V8-DHD stamped on an aluminum plate and I found a yamaha outdrive with V8-RHP which the guy said it was also off a 7.4L 454, Does anyone know what the difference between the DHD and RHP are???

Thanks!

Anyone know if there were more than one type of hydradrive's made? Or if he just couldn't make out the DHD and said its RHP??

deadduckky

Cadet

Found a used outdrive. Now, need a prop..... anyone know what size would go best on a 1992 22' open bow ebbtide with a 7.4L? Think it was a 23 pitch maybe 14 5/8??

bajaman123

Cadet

Found a used outdrive. Now, need a prop..... anyone know what size would go best on a 1992 22' open bow ebbtide with a 7.4L? Think it was a 23 pitch maybe 14 5/8??

I use a Mirage 21" pitch on my 21' Baja. I've also used a Yamaha Laser II with a 23" pitch but I don't like the hole-shot with it as well.

Remember, the preferred propeller is the solid hub one (no rubber insert of any sort).