OMC throttle (side mount concealed) issue?

clemhkg

Recruit
I have a 2001 Johnson 150HP mounted on my Glastron SX170. Runs beautifully except for the annoying throttle issue: for 90% of the throttle course the engine will stay in low revs. Medium to high revs are on the remaining 10% of the throttle course which means it is very difficult to adjust to medium speed. Boat will either fly or idle.
I noticed that on my shifter (OMC concealed side mount) there are two cables moving when the throttle is operated. One is moving from idle to max speed and another cable is only moving during those remaining 10% of the throttle movement.
Can this be my issue? Do I have a wrong throttle adjustment or is this absolutely normal and I have to look elsewhere to solve this?
Thanks,
Clem

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: OMC throttle (side mount concealed) issue?

Two cables..... One shift cable, one throttle cable.

Do you by any chance have the two cables connected backwards at the engine ie... shift cable connected to throttle linkage etc?

clemhkg

Recruit

Solved. It was a faulty poulie on carb side.
Thanks.
Clem

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

Solved. It was a faulty poulie on carb side.Thanks.Clem

Perhaps I didn't go far enough in school. What does the above mean? The word "Poulie" does not turn up in my electronic dictionary.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Me too?????????????

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

I just looked up "poulie" on Google. Apparently the word is French for "pulley". Still I have no idea what a pulley would have to do with the throttle/shift setup.

C'mon Clem.... explain what the problem was so that other boaters might benefit by the cure.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

It might be the little roller on top of the mtr where you adjust the sync & link for the timing advance and ect ???