MIAMI BOAT SHOW/sea trails

jserb

Chief Petty Officer
Hey all! Heading down to Miami for the boat show this year. I have been several years and thought this year I would turn to all of you to see if anyone has a tip to the biggest challenge the 99% face at the show: "how can I get a ride on one of these boats/yachts?" Now, coming from a well up educated upbringing I truly understand the implications of my "simple" request. (too often i think some people feel its simple to get aboard a yacht). From the liability, to security, to the cost of fuel, all of these are reasons someone would not want me on their boat. With all this said im looking to speak to someone in a position to make these kinds of decisions.
I will be down there Friday- Monday, the thought is Monday the boats will be moving due to the end of the show(most yachts north i would assume) to Ft Lauderdale. My goal is to try and get a ride on a pershing, azimut, sunseeker, or viking. Asking to see if anyone has any ideas; tips, tricks on hitching a ride on one. Do I even have a shot? I'll go where the boat is going, even willing to pay or "tip" $500.00 for my "trip", just the experience of cursing up the south of Miami on one of these million dollar vessels would be worth the cost. - what do you say all you captains is it worth a shot or offensive?
The hope is to one day purchase one of these brands, however a sea trail on an Azimut would really help my decision making. (all kidding aside)

Sea Trial: do they do sea trails on the Miami show? if so, how do you get on the list (yes please reserve your smart comments of "plopping down a 1,000,000.00", - thats the obvious statement. im wondering if i can show that i am a serious buyer, but not for another 10 yrs, do i have a shot at a sea trial?

If your going to be down there- PM me i'd love to see another iboater!!!

sasto

Captain
Re: MIAMI BOAT SHOW/sea trails

Asking to see if anyone has any ideas; tips, tricks on hitching a ride on one. Do I even have a shot? I'll go where the boat is going, even willing to pay or "tip" $500.00 for my "trip", just the experience of cursing up the south of Miami on one of these million dollar vessels would be worth the cost. - what do you say all you captains is it worth a shot or offensive?
The hope is to one day purchase one of these brands, however a sea trail on an Azimut would really help my decision making. (all kidding aside)

Sea Trial: do they do sea trails on the Miami show? if so, how do you get on the list (yes please reserve your smart comments of "plopping down a 1,000,000.00", - thats the obvious statement. im wondering if i can show that i am a serious buyer, but not for another 10 yrs, do i have a shot at a sea trial?QUOTE]

Hey Sea Trial,

Most delivery folk..... and captains, dont care about the money after a show.

Have a talk with them months afterword.....if your serious? $500 hardly makes it worthwhile to 'em. Give 'em a deposit of a few big'uns? Your set. $500 will get you out of the slip.

Good Luck!

jserb

Chief Petty Officer

Well, yes i know the $500 is worth nothing in fuel. Just thought if they were leaving ANYWAY, going up the coats, would they take a passenger for a few bucks...

Sounds like you 're saying iv got no shot.... :-(

A/C Guy

Cadet

Those yachts are always ordered at least 12 -18 months, sometimes 2-3 years in advance, so a ten year plan seems long to you, but not to them.
My wife and I went to the Fort Meyers Boat show in November. We were offered several trials by the builders because we spent a lot of quality time with them discussing their construction and features. Remember that 99% of the show goers are there to drool and go "ooh and ah" all over the boats. When you start talking with the builders, they quickly know if you are a serious potential buyer. One subtle indicator, take off your shoes and ask permission before boarding.