1993 Johnson 60hp motor float adjustments

kinnerg

Cadet
I have rebuilt all three carbs on this 1993 60hp Johnson motor. I have found old float settings different from carb kit instructions. The motor runs but it's rough. I'd like to put floats back to the original settings. Also, my manual tells me to set needle valve at 2 - 314 turns out. What is 314? Anybody out there got any ideas?

Re: 1993 Johnson 60hp motor float adjustments

Probably 2-3 1/4 turns out, kinda sounds like idle air mixture setting rather than a fuel mixture setting. If you cannot find the float height make the top of the float as parrallel to the to the carb base as you can. You should check it though as the float height is the most critical adjustment of the carb.

kinnerg

Cadet

Probably 2-3 1/4 turns out, kinda sounds like idle air mixture setting rather than a fuel mixture setting. If you cannot find the float height make the top of the float as parrallel to the to the carb base as you can. You should check it though as the float height is the most critical adjustment of the carb.[/QUOTE

i,am not a good speller my wife put the - between 2&3 book is plain 2 314

Did you count the number of turns "in" the needle valve was set at before rebuilding the carbs.

kinnerg

Cadet

Did you count the number of turns "in" the needle valve was set at before rebuilding the carbs.

No I should have but I did not, more importent is float setting and I have truble here too book said 1 1/8 1 518 iam lost