dock cover question

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
I ran into what I hope is a small problem or no problem. Just had a sumbrella cover made, and I should of but didn't have the new back seats installed and the seat backs are around 2 inches above the rails when it was made so it is a tight on the snaps. A first I though the pole was just up to high last night and it was getting cold so I stopped . Today I started in on moving the battery location to even up the weight a bit and when I went to put on the cover I realized that dropping the pole wasn't going to make much if any difference I was wondering if it will stretch out I over time. I can move the rail snaps up if I have to but don't really want to drill new holes.

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: dock cover question

sumbrella streches lots....

i would give it a few hot days at full strech with the pole...

if its not streched enough...they can add a small panel for you

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

yep as oops indicated... if it doesn't stretch enough it would be a small job to sew a strip in to enlarge it a little... could even be a contrasting color so it looks fancy shmancy

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

ty it wont take a lot maybe 1/2 inch will do it. I will just give it some time and that is what I was hoping.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

It will stretch but it will shrink right back in cold weather. Don't stretch it, you're going to wind up with prematurely failing seams and snaps pulling thru the material. Get it lengthened the proper way.

smclear

Chief Petty Officer

It will stretch but it will shrink right back in cold weather. Don't stretch it, you're going to wind up with prematurely failing seams and snaps pulling thru the material. Get it lengthened the proper way.

+1. Couldn't agree more.