Just Bought a Honda B100 and I need some Information Please

I just picked up a real nice Honda B100 4 stroker, the Serial number is B100-1013970 can anyone out there tell me what year this motor is, if so I would appreciate it very much. I have been searching and can't find anything that pin points the year. :confused:
Also regarding Service/Parts/Owners Manuals...would a BF100 Manual cover this engine, were there alot of changes from the B series to the BF series motors. :rolleyes:
This motor does have the charging system on it also....(nice feature) :)

Thanks in advance for anything you can tell me.

Attachments

• Honda B100.BMP
    129.3 KB · Views: 0

Marc Arena

Recruit
Re: Just Bought a Honda B100 and I need some Information Please

Hi, just wondering if you ver found anything out about this motor....I bought what looks like the same exact motor right down to the yellow prop. I'd love to know anything about it.

thank you
Marc

jonreid1020

Recruit

That IS a BF100. If you send me a private message I can email you the pdf manual.

heyyou325

Chief Petty Officer

All the 10 hp 4 stroke are BF100 according to the honda shop by me. My BF 100L 1501888 is a 1983, so your's is probably a 70's vintage. A dealer can look the numbers up and tell you for free. I just bought mine (I think in Jan) and am looking for info. I did buy a Honda shop manual for mine, but any other info you get on here, I'm gonna look at too. Do you know which side of the charging plug is hot? Not meaning to hijack this thread, so I hop it's ok to ask, it goes with your wanting info on it.