Looks like I have some cash for a new boat....what should I get?

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
I just received the e-mail below and while I can hardly believe my good luck, I wonder how big a boat I should get.
A 28-footer might be nice. Any recommendations? :D

UNITED NATIONS OFFICE
FOR THE COORDINATION
OF HUMANITARIAN AFFAIR.

Good Day,

I am directed to inform you that your payment verification and confirmations are correct, therefore we are happy to inform you that arrangements have been concluded to effect your payment as soon as possible Due to your long over-due payment which you have been finding it difficult to receive via a Certified Bank Draft issued by the UN Promo, we have arranged your payment through Oceanic Bank ATM Card Payment Center, this is an instruction passed by the United Nations in respect to all over delayed payment and debt re-scheduling.

Our affiliated Bank will send you an International Swift ATM Card that has been approved in your favor with valued sum of $315,810.00 USD (Three Hundred and Fifteen Thousand, Eight Hundred and Ten USD Only), which you are to use in accessing your fund in any ATM Stand/location worldwide and remember that the maximum withdrawal daily limit is Five Thousand United States Dollars (US$5,000.00).We have concluded arrangement with our affiliated Bank

Kindly provide the details below for delivery.
1.Full Names.
2.Phone Number.
3.Valid Delivery Address.
4.Other Email.
5.Occupation.
6.Country.
7.Sex.
8.Age.

Dr Harry O Clark.
UN secretary.

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Re: Looks like I have some cash for a new boat....what should I get?

Man, how come other people have all the luck? :D

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Wow Tim....congratulations !

Can you please give them my name too...???? :)

....wait a minit:facepalm:

.....whoops:p

... on second thought...no don't do that ! :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey!! I got a different letter from the same guy. He wanted to send me a megabuck and a half. I told him to send it to Darfur to feed the children. He didn't even thank me; ungrateful wretch.:mad:

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

Hey!! I got a different letter from the same guy. He wanted to send me a megabuck and a half. I told him to send it to Darfur to feed the children. He didn't even thank me; ungrateful wretch.:mad:

But he seemed like such a nice guy....:)

ngt

Master Chief Petty Officer

What ya looking for? bass boat? ocean fishing? Yacht? Or not really looking for a boat, just bragging about getting a bunch of money? Which is cool either way. Congrats on the loot.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

What ya looking for? bass boat? ocean fishing? Yacht? Or not really looking for a boat, just bragging about getting a bunch of money? Which is cool either way. Congrats on the loot.

JB got more than I did....:D

sam60

Captain

We'll roll that in with all of the lotteries I've won by email and it's Cobalt Yachts for all iboats members......kinda like one of the oprah things that my wife tells me about. Just my little contribution to the fellow members.

r.j.dawg

Ensign

Wow Tim. You got ripped. My letter is worth way more. I'm taking with me to the boat show next weekend. I'm sure it's equal to a letter of credit when I buy that brand new Regal 52.

ATM SWIFT CARD PAYMENT
YOUR PAYMENT NOTIFICATION
Remittance Manager
Zenith Bank Of Nigeria.

Attention: Beneficiary

This is to officially inform you that we have verified your contract inheritance file presently on my desk, and I found out that you have not received your payment due to your lack of co-operation and not fulfilling the obligations giving to you in respect to your contract /inheritance payment. Secondly, you are hereby advice to stop dealing with some non-officials in the bank as this is an illegal act and will have to stop if you so wish to receive your payment immediately. After the board meeting held at our headquarters, we have resolved in finding a solution to your problem, and as you may know, we have arranged your payment through our SWIFT CARD PAYMENT CENTER in Europe,

America and Asia Pacific, which is then instruction given by our president, Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar Adua (GCFR) Federal Republic of Nigeria.This card centre will send you an ATM CARD which you will use to withdraw your money in an ATM
MACHINE in any part of the world, but the maximum is

($15,000.00) Five Thousand Us Dollars per transaction. So, if you like to receive your fund this way, $15,000 usd for you to withdraw for a day and each transaction is $ 5,000usd minimum which you have to withdraw $15,000 usd for one working day also be informed that the total amount in the SWIFT ATM CARD is $14.6 million usd.

(1) Your Full Name :
(2) Your Address where you want the payment center to send your ATM CARD.:
(3) Phone And Fax Number :
(4) Age and Occupation :
(5) Your Nearest International Air Port in your City of residence:

We shall be expecting to receive your information you have stop any further communication with anybody or office. On this regards, do not hesitate to contact me for more details and direction, and also please do update me with any new development.

Thanks for your co-operation.
Best Regards,

MR MATTHEW JACOB
Remittance Manager
Zenith Bank Of Nigeria
Email: [znithatm.bank30@gmail.com]
Telephone:+234-8024997824

86 century

Ensign

What would the scamers need the closet airport for.

aspeck

Staff member

Hey Tim, I think you should get ME a new boat. Yep, that's what I would do if I were you!;)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Could you please provide the email addy for me.

I would like to give the personal info of the cop that gave me a ticket for no passenger-side taillight. Had all 3 brake lights.

I got rear-ended at 10pm on Christmas night, 200 miles from home.
Cops were called, report made out, drove 15 miles and got pulled over.

Can't seem to catch a break lately, but I'm more than willing to give my $555,555.44 to the officer.

towboater1

Seaman Apprentice

I got an email just like that one,but form a different guy....Think I'm gonna stick with my lill 77 Galaxy and buy a ton of Gold....lol

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Ha!!!

I got that beat!!! I'll have you know that according to Publishers Clearing House, I may already have won $10 MILLION dollars!!!:p:D

...And that aint no scam, BABY!!!;)

The_Kid

Chief Petty Officer

I don't have any luck. I'm missing out on my 2 million because someone told the UK police that I'm dead. :eek: I was tempted to reply saying that yes I died on 24/06/2006 and have been buried so please give the 2 million to MR JOHN LEWIS. :D

Attention; Beneficiary,

My names are INSPECTOR WALMSLEY GEOFFREY ROBERT from METROPOLITAN POLICE UK, there is presently a counter claims on your funds by one MR.JOHN LEWIS, who is presently trying to make us believe that you are dead and even explained that you entered into an agreement with him before your death, to help you in receiving your fund US$ 2,000,000.00 So here comes the big question.

Did you sign any Deed of Assignment in favor of ( JOHN LEWIS ),He further claimed that you died on the 24/06/2006 and you have been buried , thereby making him the current beneficiary with his following account details:

MR JOHN LEWIS,
AC/NUMBER: 6503809428.
ROUTING/122006743,
B/NAME:Bank Of American ( B.O.A ),
ADDRESS:NEW YORK,USA,

We shall proceed to issue all payments details to the said Mr. john lewis, if we do not hear from you within the next two working days from today.

Thanks

INSPECTOR WALMSLEY GEOFFREY ROBERT

scrit9mm

Chief Petty Officer

I may not be up on what it takes to steal somones idenity but I dont think that information that they ask for will be enough. Or are they just selling addressess and email?

Fishing Dude too

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I bet you were going to work all these years. Why?

Philster

Captain

I may not be up on what it takes to steal somones idenity but I dont think that information that they ask for will be enough. Or are they just selling addressess and email?

They somehow convince you to deposit money into an account or send them money.

I know, sounds like a leap, but they drag someone along until they concoct some story about how some taxes have to be paid first, etc. Sometimes, people even think they are paid already, but the funds don't clear and the sucker already sent them a lot of cash.

:facepalm: