boat trailer convertion

bertram18

Cadet
hi all I have a old tandom tilt trailer i want to change it so it won't tilt and it wont to convert to put a v at the back that runs to a set of keel rollers so I can drive my boat on. Any help would be great.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: boat trailer convertion

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... That shouldn't be to hard,...

Got any Pictures,..??

bertram18

Cadet

no not yet I try and get some. its just your standered keel roller trailer

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

LOL Standard, yeah thats the funny part of your post...

Pics Sir, only way we can help you out, we need a pic of the whole trailer, the hinge points and where you lock it closed, any other places where you can think of that will need reinforced as well but were likely to ask for more after you have supplied the first set.

Shouldn't be too difficult at all as Bond-o said, some idea of your capabilities would help as well or are you looking to have this done for you, your location may help also

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

You don't need to do anythng with the tilt mechanism. Just don't use it. My suggestion is to go to a boat dealer and look at new/used trailers to see what you need to do. There is no such thing as "standard" when it comes to trailers. A trailer for a "V-drive" is very different in that area than one for an I/O. A cross member for a shallow "V" hull vs one for a "deep V-hull" are also very different. We don't even know what type of boat you have.

bertram18

Cadet

Sorry I have a Bertram 18 it has a deep v it's to heavy to winch all the way up. As for photos I'll try get some up tomorrow.