2000 yamaha SX250 Txry oil transfer pump not working

masterblaster38

Recruit
i Have a 2000 yamaha SX 250 Txry outboard i have checked the harness, the pump,and the manuly switch the switch works to fill the tank up but the tank will not fill by itself even if you take the sender out of the tank on the motor . the pump works if i hot wire it. it has power at both ends of the harness but seems to lose the ground when you turn the key on. changed the cdi from other 250 same model the trim sender the sender on the oil tank. does any one no what could be wrong and does this motor have a (pluser coil) and can you reset the computer if so how ???? thank you for any information

narvco

Cadet
Re: 2000 yamaha SX250 Txry oil transfer pump not working

Had same problem. It is the pump. Bought whole tank assembly off ebay and problem solved. It was cheaper and easier than just replacing pump. Pretty common to find for sale as people repower with 4 strokes.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

i Have a 2000 yamaha SX 250 Txry outboard i have checked the harness, the pump,and the manuly switch the switch works to fill the tank up but the tank will not fill by itself even if you take the sender out of the tank on the motor . the pump works if i hot wire it. it has power at both ends of the harness but seems to lose the ground when you turn the key on. changed the cdi from other 250 same model the trim sender the sender on the oil tank. does any one no what could be wrong and does this motor have a (pluser coil) and can you reset the computer if so how ???? thank you for any information

The pump is controlled by removing the ground, I believe the controler has to see the motor running to keep oil pump on

The pump is controlled by removing the ground, I believe the controler has to see the motor running to keep oil pump on

Yep.
2012-01-10_2055.png