Free Four Winns in my area

Smuggler's Blues

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi guys,

Just wanted to throw this out there and see what ya'll thought. In our local paper there is a guy giving away a 1984 Four Winns 17.5ft, (not sure which model), the ad says it runs but there is no trailer it would need to be picked up by whomever wants it. I was thinking of taking a look at it and if it did indeed run maybe grabbing it as long as the owner had a clear title. (Mass is big on titles). I was thinking if the motor ran then that in itself would be a good thing and the cost would be right. I'm not looking for any type of resto project, we all know there is no such thing as a free boat, but maybe I could part out the rest or something. I dont know just thought I would see what your thoughts were.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Re: Free Four Winns in my area

lucky you aren't near me.... while you "think about looking" folks like me are loading it up.

As I said on a thread last week..... "Drop yer ham sammich and bust out the door".... You can think after you get it home.

southkogs

Staff member

Set yourself a financial "cut-off" number and go get it. Figure you're already out a couple hundred to move it and junk it (if it can't be saved), and have some fun.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Betcha it was gone by the time you read your first response on here

Smuggler's Blues

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Unfortunatly couldnt get a trailer and its gone. Oh well guess it wasnt meant for me.